2023 World Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    I'm just gonna say it...Mark is going to win this.
    Glad I was wrong. Well done Luca...what a phenomenal player!

Comment

• wow, what a great final and a well deserved win for Brecel

Comment

• Brilliant , great result for Brecel and snooker as a whole.

Selby deserves a round of applause as well 👏🏻

Comment

• Fantastic final, Selby played great, Luca played out his skin. Nice to have a different winner, pure class from Selby there.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• What an amazing final, one of the best. Well done to both players for making it truly epic!! So pleased for Luca he played blistering snooker and had the fortitude to get over the line.

Fantastic to get a new champion. Snooker is a big winner tonight!!! 😁👏

If someone does a Luca best shots video for this WC its gonna be 3hrs long!!
            Last edited by Cue crafty; 1 May 2023, 09:23 PM.
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Congrats to Luca! Really didn‘t expect this before the tournament as usually he can‘t hold his game over a long distance.
              I don‘t like his Style of I‘ll just pot, but at least in this tournament his cue Ball control was very good as well and he didn‘t play too many silly shots. And he certainly had the right mentality as he never seemed really to feel pressure which is quite an achievement.

Selby made more errors than usual in his tactical Game and that cost him together with his long semifinal .But I guess with four World Titels already to his Name this defeat is easier to take.

I also think it‘s nice that a Non-Brit takes the crown again. Hopefully it helps the Game grow at least in Belgium.
              Last edited by JimMalone; 1 May 2023, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Brecel held his nerve very nicely once he got the chance to win the match.

I think Selby probably lost it on Saturday, when it went so long into the night. If he'd somehow won 17-10, I feel he would have had the energy to compete more in the final. Even when he was dominating parts of the final, it wasn't really the usual grind, it was all pretty clean. But of course he is not a young player anymore. We've kind of got used to these old farts winning all the tournaments over the last decade, but previously someone of Selby's age would be considered to be well past his best. Good to see a younger champion for once, I think we have to go all the way back to Graeme Dott to find another champion under 30. It will be interesting to see whether Brecel can push on like Trump did after his World title. As for Selby, nice too see him back at the top as well. He missed a couple once it got to 16-15... If he had just a bit more concentration, who knows what would have happened.

All in all, I enjoyed this Championship a lot. Okay, a bit too many one-sided matches in the early rounds, but we got a few thrillers towards the end, and some really memorable performances. Of course we had the usual crap with the tables as well, but I don't expect that to ever change. People either don't care, or they are too incompetent to fix it. Looking forward to next season now, hopefully I can watch a few tournaments. And nice to see China back on the calendar as well, so that we get some rest from all the short format crap.

Comment

• Fantastic, well done, Luca.

What was the stay strong all about?

Comment

• Well, it should be great thing for snooker I suppose, it would really be great if rest of the Europe starts to produce some decent players.

What was he saying about Selby's wife and some terrible news? Sounds like she maybe sick or something

Comment

• Does Luca jump to No.1 in the rankings?

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                        Does Luca jump to No.1 in the rankings?
                        No. 2 I think

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
                          Does Luca jump to No.1 in the rankings?
                          Number 2…… Ronnie still number 1.

Comment

• Well done Luca. Great tournament. A new Chinese star in Si. Two 147’s. Any one know how many tons?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                              Well done Luca. Great tournament. A new Chinese star in Si. Two 147’s. Any one know how many tons?
                              90 tons this year.

Comment

• Gosh, this one got me more involved than I was expecting, my palms were all sweaty at the end

Great watch, highly entertaining, deserved winner. Nice one.
                                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                                X