X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BetVictor Shoot Out 2023

https://wst.tv/how-to-watch-the-betvictor-shoot-out-4/

Starts on the 6th of December.

Not purists snooker but makes good viewing. I'll have it on Eurosport.

Comment

Chance for a lesser known player to rocket up the rankings. Dean Young plays tomorrow night. Format suits him as he’s a very quick player. Luck plays a big part though.

Comment

Never been a fan of the shootout but it's been great today.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Yep, I'm all for it. It's a lottery but the "lucky" winners are always decent players and it gives them a boost in confidence and earnings and stature so long may it live. Same goes for the 900, new innovations are welcome in my book as long as they remain the exceptions and not the norm.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

first time I`ve seen it, ..................very strange

Comment

Someone in the audience said to Thor, get your hammer. We have our very own Marvel cinematic universe character in Snooker

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                Yep, I'm all for it. It's a lottery but the "lucky" winners are always decent players and it gives them a boost in confidence and earnings and stature so long may it live. Same goes for the 900, new innovations are welcome in my book as long as they remain the exceptions and not the norm.
                Didn't you say you were going to the Barbican in York, did you go ? Any thoughts or feedback ? Cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

Didn't you say you were going to the Barbican in York, did you go ? Any thoughts or feedback ? Cheers
                  Yep, two great days. I’m not great at reviews but my thoughts were:-

stunning city with great sights buildings , bars , pubs and restaurants of superb character and level of food / service.

stayed in the nearby Novotel which was excellent. Big TV screens with the snooker matches on and great service again. Saw Selby, Murphy and Neil Foulds around the bars and breakfast areas.

the Barbican was/is a terrific venue for snooker, it’s big, well managed and has class facilities inc bar toilets merch etc.

so the but…. I didn’t feel amazing atmosphere sitting in the arena.., we watched Ronnie v Zhou and Judd v Selby and got to see some of Williams v Ding. The Judd v Selby match was Particularly flat. The security guys were a bit over zealous about seating positions, and allowed us to take front row seats that had limited viewing tbh only to ask us to move when a frame ended. No one else took those seats after.., seating is also the usual squashed in stadium style seats that I find hard to stay in for more than an hour.

lots of people spend hours in there, I’m not one of them. Personally I enjoy seeing the angles on Tv it’s feels more real than watching it live, which is odd but surreal too.

I’ve been to the masters and the English open, enjoyed both but my feeling remains after this event that although it’s great to go and see some live play and enjoy the different venues I generally struggle to feel the buzz in the matches. It just doesn’t feel real, which is odd because I really feel the energy when I watch on TV.

maybe it’s just me personally having watched on TV from a young age and leaving it late in life to view live, but I constant find myself looking up at the screens in the arena because I can’t see what red they have played on… which then makes me feel … why not watch on the big screen in the hotel near the bar..,

sacrilege too many I’m sure, just honest thoughts from me though.

if I see live snooker again it will only be at the WC, just to complete the big three, but I’m certainly not gagging to do that. It will take a good crowd to go with to make me decide to go.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I don't think its you Cc that doesn't feel any buzz at times,Stephen Hendry said in that recent interview with Steve Dawson that people in a venue's area don't even know there's a tournament going on, it was probably even worse earlier in the noughties with the partitions or divides blocking out the view to other tables.
                    Good info about the ampitheatre type sitting which suits the Crucible of course, I never really knew the advantage of the Crucible or what the fuss was about so thanks for that.
                    You've probably broached on an interesting thing there about the seating being too flat in some venues, send it to others on twitter etc, why not.

Glad you enjoyed York btw, I've never actually been anywhere more north than Blackpool.

Comment

Good summary CC. Agree with a lot of your comments. You deffo need to do The Crucible. Same problems with the seating of course. Everything squashed up. I’ve been row A, row Z and everything in between lol. Can’t beat the telly. The Crucible atmosphere is special though. First time I went the hairs on the back of my neck were sticking up.

Comment

Watching some of this on youtube, not being stuffy but the audience talking aren't snooker fans, seems a dogs dinner tbh.
                        Are pro's contractually obligated to play in this ? cheers

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                          Watching some of this on youtube, not being stuffy but the audience talking aren't snooker fans, seems a dogs dinner tbh.
                          Are pro's contractually obligated to play in this ? cheers
                          Like all the ranking tournaments they don’t have to play if they don’t want to.

Comment

Shaun Murphy just done a Maximum !
                            some great shots to keep it going.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Brilliant from Murphy.

Comment

Working...
                              X