• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 German Masters

What a start to the qualifiers

Si Jaihui vs Lyu Haotian

Lyu sprints into a 4-0 lead with a 112 and 3 over 60 breaks
    then after MSI
    Xu take 5 on the trot with 123 and 108 and two over 80 to win!

And some say the MSI does nothing to the game
    Last edited by DeanH; 18 December 2023, 01:41 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

The MSI will have to do something for Dominic. He’s getting humped.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
      The MSI will have to do something for Dominic. He’s getting humped.
      nope the MSI did not help Dom
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Good win for my mate Ben Mertens.
        PS What is "MSI"?

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
          Good win for my mate Ben Mertens.
          PS What is "MSI"?
          Mid Session Interval.

Comment

Is that Zak Surety's best ever win ? did very little wrong in the last frame, decent of Lisowski to tap the table at the end.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
              Is that Zak Surety's best ever win ? did very little wrong in the last frame, decent of Lisowski to tap the table at the end.
              Very nice win for him, I thought he played pretty well all round although I didn't watch it all.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Is Allan Taylor a pro, in the 128 with a tour card, or is he playing from the top up list?

Comment

^^ Taylor is 84th after the Scottish Open, he's only won 12 grand this season though.

Comment

Tbh I've always thought Zak was a strong lower ranked player, good all round game. Maybe Jack will learn something.... Then again....
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                      Tbh I've always thought Zak was a strong lower ranked player, good all round game. Maybe Jack will learn something.... Then again....
                      Feels like we've been saying that for a decade.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Feels like we've been saying that for a decade.
                        Agreed, personally I've gone to the bored don't care now group as there are others to root for, Liam Graham, Robbie McGuigan, etc etc, I know it's never too late but personally I just don't care anymore.

Alex made me sit on the edge of my seat and pray he would win, Jack's just taken too long, sorry to anyone who loves him but as a player myself, I just feel he's had the best advice, upbringing and facilities in which to train to ever become anything in this sport.

He's had a lot of flair (a lot!! Of flair) not seen so much of that recently. Think he's been ill advised and gone down the wrong route because when he's neutralised by advice from people like Ebdon and Walker he's really got no where to retreat to other than go on the attack good style!

I always think there is a "Joe Johnson" moment for quite a few players in the 128. And who wouldn't love to see that for them.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

It isn't really about Lisowski and it shouldn't be. Surety just played well. Likewise surprised Cahill went 1-3 down after opening so well and Gould has won fa this season. Emery did well to push Selt so far. Pro sport is hard, nothing to see really.

Comment

Saw a JL interview recently where he said he used to be a hard practicer but it was too much for him, so now he's cut back and said snooker can't be his whole life. To me that's a person who, while not given up, has settled and maybe the hunger has gone a little.
                            He is obviously very, very talented but as the old saying goes
                            Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Comment

Sometimes someone can be really talented at something that they don't love enough, sometimes it can be the case where someone just lacks the intelligence to dive deeply into what they love.
                              Someone asked me in 1984 when Jimmy would be world champion, I said he'd never win it and I was correct, I didn't want to be but I could see he lacked something.
                              Lisowski's the same, he can't learn subconsciously through his defeats and has Ebdon as a side man to do it for him him but all Ebdon ever had was to take ages over every shot and bore the focus out of an opponent, Jack can't do that.
                              What Jack needs to do is recognise the pattern of a safety duel in the same way that he sees the pattern of a colours clearance, and for that to happen he has to actually practise safety, maybe even take the summer off from snooker and only play billiards. There's a lot to be learned from the three ball game that will enhance anyones snooker safety game, you can't pot everything and you can't pot anything from your chair.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X