2024 German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
    I'm off to the opening evening tonight, 8pm, then tickets for both sessions of final on Sunday.

For comparison with UK prices (I only know how expensive the Crucible is these days), tonight is €36, and a day-ticket for Sunday was €86.
    Hiya. Sounds fantastic! .

Comment

Well, Mark Allen's out, and that's annoying - put 20 quid on him at the start of the week, after Ronnie pulled out, at 14-1, on basis he's third best player in world at moment on form, Ronnie's gone, and Trump is 3-1, which is worth nothing for a punt.

He played absolute rubbish all week, and was lucky to get this far.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
        Well, Mark Allen's out, and that's annoying - put 20 quid on him at the start of the week, after Ronnie pulled out, at 14-1, on basis he's third best player in world at moment on form, Ronnie's gone, and Trump is 3-1, which is worth nothing for a punt.

He played absolute rubbish all week, and was lucky to get this far.
        Hope the beers good....
        βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

In the shark pool, great whites smell blood! Was slightly surprised the Aussie great white lost the battle of the losers tonight even though his form is low.

Comment

Higgo well and truly humped.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
              Higgo well and truly humped.
              Trump played well, counter cleared a couple of times but that red JH missed, just unbelievable. Old father time catching up I guess.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Good scoring from Si Crucible calamity Jiahui, 5 straight breaks over 50.

Comment

Hi all, anyone know if there is a programme for this event? Anyone got a copy?
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

The only thing I have against it is the main table seems to be the furthest away from the crowd, I don't know how you solve that problem with this style of open plan set up though.
                    I forget how the venue changes at this stage now! I guess that’s the trade off between the early stages and the deep end. Probably where they make their money up overall with the bigger crowd, bet the front row seats cost a premium.

Comment

Great match between Si and Wilson, he (Si that is) seems to be a confidence player and boy once he's confident he doesn't look like he can miss. Good to see though that when Wilson applied some pressure he kept his head and stood up to the test.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        Good scoring from Si Crucible calamity Jiahui, 5 straight breaks over 50.
                        Phil Studd does love to waffle on about that crucible performance from Si, that guy clearly knows very little about the game and I bet he's never picked a cue up. Complete berk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          Great match between Si and Wilson, he (Si that is) seems to be a confidence player and boy once he's confident he doesn't look like he can miss. Good to see though that when Wilson applied some pressure he kept his head and stood up to the test.
                          Yes I really enjoyed that as well, if that Si shows up tomorrow we should have a good final.
                          Things not going Sam's way tonight, so far. The in-off from his own safety at the end of frame 3 that handed it to Trump, was a sickener.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes I really enjoyed that as well, if that Si shows up tomorrow we should have a good final.
                            Things not going Sam's way tonight, so far. The in-off from his own safety at the end of frame 3 that handed it to Trump, was a sickener.

-
                            lord Baelish showed some fine fighting qualities but came up short! Can’t believe that fluke Judd just got to rub salt in Sam’s eyes but then again Cragie made a great chance from that brilliant plant he hammered in but only made 7 off it!!

I like watching Sam, very good player but needs to sharpen up the ring craft.

Comment

Seventh final this season for Trump, some going.
                              I'm really looking forward to it, Si just has something about him, when he's in flow he's great to watch, Trump has a good all round game now and of course the ability to take frames in bursts, I'm expecting a cracker.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I'm going today and I cannot wait - Trump vs Si is two fast potting machines. On sheer raw ability, Si is up there with Trump, but Trump's vast experience must make him favourite.

FWIW - a back row ticket, for all day both sessions, was 86 euros.

Comment

Working...
                                X