No announcement yet.

Johnstone’s Paint Players Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter is such a nervy, "busy", player around the table.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
      He's got a touch of the Michael Holt's for sure, not easy to play against someone who creates a tension and nervyness because you feed off his determination and that can be unnerving.

He's playing very well though and it's a matter of time before he wins a title.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post

He's got a touch of the Michael Holt's for sure, not easy to play against someone who creates a tension and nervyness because you feed off his determination and that can be unnerving.

He's playing very well though and it's a matter of time before he wins a title.
        Absolutely. I don't like him - for off-the-table reasons - but no denying he's a super-strong player and tough opponent. He already won the German Masters last year, don't forget.

Comment

I call him Mr Angry after the Mr Men character.

Comment

Long way to go yet, but Carter and O'Sullivan could meet in the final!! Now that could be entertaining!!

Not saying who would win there but I know which player wouldn't be nervy or feverishly busy around the table.....
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Every sport needs a few "needle" rivalries. Would love to see it.

Anyone know/hear what was wrong with the cue ball in the Trump/Carter match last night? Was all inaudible on my TV feed. And sometimes - like then - you feel like the ref at least owes it to the audience to explain what is going on, like repeating a player's call of which ball is "on". Was all a bit mysterious, unless I missed something.

Comment

Every sport needs a few "needle" rivalries. Would love to see it.

Anyone know/hear what was wrong with the cue ball in the Trump/Carter match last night? Was all inaudible on my TV feed. And sometimes - like then - you feel like the ref at least owes it to the audience to explain what is going on, like repeating a player's call of which ball is "on". Was all a bit mysterious, unless I missed something.
                Both players thought the white was light (so probably a few grams lower) because of the reactions they were getting.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

We haven't seen an issue with the cueball for some time and to be honest I didn't think there was a problem. Usually I'd pick up on something like that, I can usually tell if a table is playing heavy or if the cushions are reacting a little bouncy etc, yet I saw nothing to suggest it was a cueball issue.

I don't think Carter felt it was a problem, it was only Judd who seemed to think it wasn't right and then they both agreed to change it. Yet the following frame after the ball had been swapped it was Judd who was still responding throwing his arms up after over screwing the white when potting the blue, I think it's just a very responsive cloth, we see it from time to time, probably playing a lot different to the practice tables. I think it unsettled him too much and I knew Carter was going to win because he kept his focus and Trump seemed to be getting more frustrated with his game and positional play.

​​​​​
                  Last edited by cueman; 22 February 2024, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Not his fault, but being right-handed but left-eye dominant, Wilson's stance and action is one hot ugly mess to look at.

Unlike his waistcoat, which is also one hot ugly mess, but is actually his fault!

Comment

Desi made a blunder and corrected it. Selby should have won the frame on the 3 miss rule. He did anyway.

Selby could whitewash ROS for the first time.
                      Last edited by fkhan; 22 February 2024, 08:49 PM.

Comment

That's the worst safety play I've ever seen from O'Sullivan.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Wish I`d put a tenner on this!

Comment

Can anyone smell fish?? How can a player of O’Sullivan’s class have not known where that red was going when playing that ‘safety’ ?
                            Last edited by Billy; 22 February 2024, 09:12 PM.
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Ronnie was awful, great win for Selby should do his confidence the world of good.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Selby didn't let Ronnie off the hook like so many have done recently, got a bit of good running as well, which Ronnie didn't get for a change. Desi's mistake didn't matter, gave the warning anyway just one shot later and Ronnie played the shot he would have played had she given the warning the shot before.
                                Ronnie's attitude to the game won't change and it won't always work in his favour, he knows that but at this point in his career he's done it all anyway so it doesn't matter to him as much as it matters to the rest who prefer to grind out wins over good performances.
                                This tournament is over for me now, all my favourite players are out and I'm not concerned at all with who wins, I want to be entertained and Selby, Allen and Higgins don't entertain me in the slightest, it was touch and go if I'd watch last night to be honest 😩
                                Too much snooker now so I'll just choose matches that interest me.
                                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                                X