Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yushan World open

https://www.wst.tv/news/2024/march/1...he-world-open/

That final frame clearance by Judd to win 5-2 was classy.

Well done to Zak Surety with his first maximum against Ding
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Ros and Judd's matches have been scheduled at the same time, yesterday and today. Would have been better if they were at different times.

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
        Ros and Judd's matches have been scheduled at the same time, yesterday and today. Would have been better if they were at different times.
        Unfortunately for as long as O'Sullivan is playing, everyone else is playing second fiddle. Until Brecel was knocked out, as world champion, his games have been scheduled to be on the main match table. Despite Judd being defending champion, it's meant very little as he's only been put on main table once.

Comment

What was Ronnie playing at. Roll the black in and Hussain needs two snookers. Hammers it 100 miles an hour, misses and loses the match.

Comment

I saw just the decider when ROS was about 30 points behind and I felt that the table was playing heavy. For instance the pink he played at the end. No excuse to lose though. Well played by Vafaei.
            Last edited by fkhan; 21 March 2024, 02:02 PM.

Comment

That match between Selby and Jackson Page really had some high scoring. 4 centuries in a row, two 90+ breaks plus two more breaks over 50. 5- 2 is a great result for Jackson Page, who´s in need of a good result.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

As even the commentators are having to repeatedly admit, the pockets in this tournament are super-generous - literally everything is going in. Same for both players, I guess, and makes for big breaks and big TV audiences. At least the Chinese audience turn up for these events, and seem to appreciate snooker - unlike the Saudi tournament.

Comment

Well done Ding. Higgins will be happy.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                    ....literally everything is going in. Same for both players, I guess....
                    But it's no though ,is it, because tighter pockets favour the more skilful player. It's very annoying, why not just make them all a foot wide, then we could have a max with every frame.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yes, I'm not disagreeing, I just didn't phrase it clearly. I'm not in favour - this tournament is going to end up a massive outlier in terms of breaks/centuries per frame, I suspect. Still, at least they don't have bodged bare plywood for the middle pockets, like in Riyadh.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
                        ....Still, at least they don't have bodged bare plywood for the middle pockets, like in Riyadh.
                        Well, to be fair, they were budgeting on a shoestring.

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Wow Robbo beat. Has to go to the qualifiers. Well done Ding. Held his nerve.

Comment

You could sense how much it meant to Robertson in the 5th frame I think it was. He was nicely in the balls but had a slightly tricky red to the middle pocket and he missed and reacted by pointing and waving his cue at a section of the audience to his right, as though they were putting him off.

The thing is, you expect phones going off and fans moving around a bit more in china, if you are playing well and your concentration is good, you can shut that thing out from your mind. However with Neil needing to win the tournament, the pressure to stay in top 16 obviously his mind wasn't completely on the task in hand.

Was surprised it's 4 years since Ding last won a ranking title. He has played well most the season and I think being able to go back to china has given him a reason dedicate himself to playing again. Last few seasons he was pulling out of lots of events and clearly not enjoying the game. However he seems to have got over his technical issues and is cueing well, not as good as he was 7-8 years ago, but certainly looking more likely to score heavily.

I think this is a tough final to call, as Ding will feel the extra pressure being the home favourite. If he rises to the challenge I think he's got a good chance. Judd hasn't looked good this week despite reaching yet another final. Though nobody has really played well against him. If he brings his A game though, he'll have too much for Ding, he'll want revenge after losing in the UK to him too.

Comment

I'd like to see Ding win it, but I think he's still a bit too fragile. And of course, Judd has more recent winning momentum to carry him through.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                              X