Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

If anything the older tables falls look bevelled and the star is square cut.
    Out of curiosity what are those star pockets across the fall? I see the rubber kind of meets the cushion, on mine the rubber is at least an eighth past the wood.
    PM me if you want, I'm not after another "my pockets are bigger/smaller than yours, it is a genuine curiosity question. Robert Read looks after our table so he had his own templates and used them..
    The star table doesn't belong to me. I will see if i can measure when i next play on it.

The other table is mine. Happy to measure what ever you want.

All pockets on my table have noticeably more bevel than the star table, which does have a slight bevel, but is much more vertical in comparison.

Not really understanding ball physics, i do not know which is more likely to encourage the ball to fall.

Comment

Some cracking pressure pots from Maguire to steal the 10th frame by a point and level the match. Go Mags!

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Go Mags!!!!
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Go Mags!!!!
          Found a bit of form in the end, Carter looked shot. Sometimes, watching this sport makes me feel like a voyeuristic sadist. Are any other sports as mentally crushing as snooker? I suppose so, but it's got to be among the toughest, psychologically speaking. It's incredible that O'Sullivan's done what he's done, considering the issues he's had in that department, it was his only weakness and he battered it.

-
          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Good win for Stephen Maguire, didn’t fancy him when I saw the draw. Was about to write that Maguire probably wasn't playing well enough to get through the next round, and then I saw the draw and his side its pretty friendly until the quarters, so who knows, could have time to play himself into form

Comment

I've not seen much of Maguire over recent years but I thought he looked a granite match player last night. Carter was shot. Maguire's got to be confident for the next round.

Comment

Just popped up on my Facebook page that Ronnie is behind Hendry in weeks at No 1. Hendry 471 Ronnie 386. So maybe one record Stephen will hold on to.

Comment

It doesn't compare well, because the ranking system has changed too much in the more recent times.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                    Just popped up on my Facebook page that Ronnie is behind Hendry in weeks at No 1. Hendry 471 Ronnie 386. So maybe one record Stephen will hold on to.
                    It's a bad comparison due to changes to the ranking system / money list as it is now - and the far greater number of tournaments now than in Hendry's day.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfollower View Post

It's a bad comparison due to changes to the ranking system / money list as it is now - and the far greater number of tournaments now than in Hendry's day.
                      Statistics and damn lies as the saying goes!

Comment

Ronnie's longest stay at the top is around 100 weeks , whilst Hendry was no. 1 from 1990 to 1998. Steve Davis held onto no. 1 from 1983 until Hendry took over. The weeks at no. 1 stats actually tell you a lot about how Davis and Hendry dominated the game in the 1980's and 1990's, far from being an unfair source of comparison. As good as Ronnie has been, he has never dominated like that. Even if the number of ranking events had remained the same in the modern game as in the 80's and 90's, a combination of Ronnie's fluctuating form and the strength of competition means it is still unlikely he would have dominated the rankings in the same way if there were less tournaments on the calendar. Selby managed 4 years straight at no. 1 from 2015-19, so it is possible to dominate for longer periods than Ronnie has.
                        Last edited by Mark187187; 22 April 2024, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Wow. Nice black, Stu...
                          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                            Wow. Nice black, Stu...
                            Incredible!

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

He missed it thick, bad contact for certain, happens quite often and this time a p1ss easy frame ball black off its spot. There are bad contacts, kicks and statistics as Mark Twain once said bloody aramith balls are doing the players heads in and they don't realise why and are blaming themselves.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                He missed it thick, bad contact for certain, happens quite often and this time a p1ss easy frame ball black off its spot. There are bad contacts, kicks and statistics as Mark Twain once said bloody aramith balls are doing the players heads in and they don't realise why and are blaming themselves.

That wasn't a bad contact at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X