Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
    To the trivia buffs/statisticians here:
    Just curious...In Crucible history, what is the fewest number of frames LOST (in total) by the winner? (who and when?) Thanks if anyone knows this.
    I think it was Steve Davis in 1989 when he beat Parrot 18-3 in the final, he only lost 23 frames.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Best tournament of the year is here!

I think Judd's favourite to win it, given his stellar form and season, but an upset may happen at any stage as we've already witnessed so far. In the opening match, Vafaei kept breaking down at the most crucial moments in most frames and Judd was there to steal them. Hopefully, he'll maintain his form throughout the tourney.

Also, always nice to see Slowby and Carter out early too, they are unbearable to watch.

Comment

• Interesting to hear Ronnie's been working with Nic Barrow. Didn't know that, difficult to imagine what Nic would have to offer him. However I 100% believe a player always needs a focus so whatever little cue actions thoughts Nic might be offering, will be valuable to Ronnie's mindset, which is WIN WIN WIN.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
          Interesting to hear Ronnie's been working with Nic Barrow. Didn't know that, difficult to imagine what Nic would have to offer him. However I 100% believe a player always needs a focus so whatever little cue actions thoughts Nic might be offering, will be valuable to Ronnie's mindset, which is WIN WIN WIN.
          I thought Nic was a bit old hat now.
          PS. I still have his DVD’s. Going cheap.

Comment

• I received an email about it from my subscribed newsletter a few days back. Nic is publishing some content on snooker scene apparently. He has been working with ROS for the past 6 months I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

I thought Nic was a bit old hat now.
              PS. I still have his DVD’s. Going cheap.
              Lolz your quids in Nifty!! 💰 thought the same about Nic though, never really liked his vids on YouTube either.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

I think it was Steve Davis in 1989 when he beat Parrot 18-3 in the final, he only lost 23 frames.
                That is correct. Next fewest was Hendry in 1993 with 25. Hendry also has the record for most consecutive frames at the Crucible the same year from the last 10 of the 1992 final against Jimmy and then the first 9 against Danny Fowler in 1993.

At the other end of things, Ken Doherty played a record 132 frames in 2003 when he finished runner up and also 123 frames in 1998 when he lost to Higgins in the final. Poor old Ken.
                Last edited by Mark187187; 25 April 2024, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post
                  Best tournament of the year is here!

I think Judd's favourite to win it, given his stellar form and season, but an upset may happen at any stage as we've already witnessed so far. In the opening match, Vafaei kept breaking down at the most crucial moments in most frames and Judd was there to steal them. Hopefully, he'll maintain his form throughout the tourney.

Also, always nice to see Slowby and Carter out early too, they are unbearable to watch.
                  Yeah, Judd seems to be going under the radar a bit this year, especially considering the season he's had.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• So 2024 has already joined 1992 and 2012 as years with the most seeds going out - at 8. It could better that record if John Higgins loses tonight though. So a lot of interest in that match purely to see if that particular record will be broken.

Comment

• Eurosport decided haphazardly NOT to air the Higgins-Jones match just now! I paid the subscription especially to be able to watch John play! F**K! Anyone know where it's streaming for free?! HELP!
                      2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

• Originally Posted by Skypigeon View Post
                        Eurosport decided haphazardly NOT to air the Higgins-Jones match just now! I paid the subscription especially to be able to watch John play! F**K! Anyone know where it's streaming for free?! HELP!
                        It's on ES now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yeah, I usually try to get a couple of hours pool practice per day and the same for guitar, but for these two weeks, it's reduced rations I'm afraid.

-
                          Can you play this on guitar please, I really really miss it!!! Should bring the original back for snooker, I hate the modern version, just ain't got the twang!!

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• That looks like it for Jamie, good start then fell apart. Higgins was pretty solid to be fair.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Can you play this on guitar please, I really really miss it!!! Should bring the original back for snooker, I hate the modern version, just ain't got the twang!!

Yes I can mate, learned to pic it out as a kid. Not really my style these days, haven't played it in a while so it's a bit rough, but just for you CC.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zydbz...n9wmcew4b&dl=0

Oh, sorry about the grunt at the start, I dropped my plec.

-
                              Last edited by PatBlock; 25 April 2024, 09:07 PM.
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes I can mate, learned to pic it out as a kid. Not really my style these days, haven't played it in a while so it's a bit rough, but just for you CC.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zydbz...n9wmcew4b&dl=0

Oh, sorry about the grunt at the start, I dropped my plec.

-
                                Nice work, thanks. The original just brings back such good memories of snooker as a kid. Higgins needing more invites than a wedding to win that last frame he needed but got there in the end.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X