Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Nice work, thanks. The original just brings back such good memories of snooker as a kid.
    Me too, why do they have to convert everything into a 'theme-beat' these days.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Yes I can mate, learned to pic it out as a kid. Not really my style these days, haven't played it in a while so it's a bit rough, but just for you CC.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/zydbz...n9wmcew4b&dl=0

Oh, sorry about the grunt at the start, I dropped my plec.

-
      I really like your playing of it too, some feel there, excellent!

Bravo! I agree I far prefer the original version to the bloody awful BBC sanitised version, why on earth change it? Why?

Same with their crap titles too, so old hat. I like their coverage, but they are naff without trying often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtVsVSY8J8

Now, _those_ are opening titles and music. Frame of the Day, 6pm on BBC2, circa 1980. The first time I had heard any Vangelis I think, or as Viney says
      at the end, "Vanjelis"! No wonder they were the glory years for snooker. This was the year before he did Chariots of Fire.

Comment

• I think the Wilson O'connor tie could be really good.

And of course Allen vs Higgins. Really looking forward to that one.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          I think the Wilson O'connor tie could be really good.

And of course Allen vs Higgins. Really looking forward to that one.
          Higgins will badly want revenge over Allen for his last defeat. Especially at the WC, this match may be the catalyst for Johns future in the game. I think it’s a huge match for him.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

I really like your playing of it too, some feel there, excellent!

Bravo! I agree I far prefer the original version to the bloody awful BBC sanitised version, why on earth change it? Why?

Same with their crap titles too, so old hat. I like their coverage, but they are naff without trying often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RtVsVSY8J8

Now, _those_ are opening titles and music. Frame of the Day, 6pm on BBC2, circa 1980. The first time I had heard any Vangelis I think, or as Viney says
            at the end, "Vanjelis"! No wonder they were the glory years for snooker. This was the year before he did Chariots of Fire.
            Thanks Fred, hope you enjoyed the budgie backing whistles (bet they don't get that at Abbey Road ) I recorded it after 10pm, so lets hope some miserable sod doesn't grass me up to the council and have my guitars removed .

-
            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Not really sure what's up with Bob Milkins, he's normally a fairly happy go lucky fella, so far this whole WC I've just seen him shaking his head, frowning a lot and generally all the bad body language that you've always been told as a snooker player to avoid, because of it's negative impacts.

Hope all wells at home and life generally for him. 🤔
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Big unabashed yawn from Si there, wonder if he's sleeping ok?

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Haven’t seen Front Row Brian (Brian Wright) this year yet. He was complaining about the price of tickets so maybe only going to turn up for the final.

Comment

Big unabashed yawn from Si there, wonder if he's sleeping ok?

-
                    Jak Jones unashamedly taking every advantage of Si's inexperience which is on show for all to see. He's so talented he can contend, but if he learns well he will be so much more dangerous. Can he though? I think/hope so.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                      Haven’t seen Front Row Brian (Brian Wright) this year yet. He was complaining about the price of tickets so maybe only going to turn up for the final.
                      There's a good question for Barry "Earn" if he's getting so many letters from fans moaning they can't get tickets, how come Brian's managed it nearly every year!!! He's obviously telling fibs or maybe the fans aren't trying hard enough!!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Jak Jones unashamedly taking every advantage of Si's inexperience which is on show for all to see. He's so talented he can contend, but if he learns well he will be so much more dangerous. Can he though? I think/hope so.
                        Has he learned anything since last year's Crucible appearance? 🤔

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Has he learned anything since last year's Crucible appearance? 🤔

-
                          Watching this session today, I'd have to say no, not really.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Watching this session today, I'd have to say no, not really.
                            Sadly, I'd have to agree. Credit to Jak though, playing well and doing just what's needed.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Somebody needs to get hold of Si and tell him you can't pot everything, he needs to be taught match Snooker.
                              His style of play is fantastic when he's bang on it but he needs a game to fall back on when it's not quite working. When plan A isn't working you need a plan B and that can't be more plan A.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                                Somebody needs to get hold of Si and tell him you can't pot everything, he needs to be taught match Snooker.
                                His style of play is fantastic when he's bang on it but he needs a game to fall back on when it's not quite working. When plan A isn't working you need a plan B and that can't be more plan A.
                                He's getting a pretty good lesson in match snooker from Jak Jones does he have the ability to realise that in the next couple of years, gonna be too late if he takes as long as Lisowski to learn that part of the game.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X