Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by snookerfollower View Post
    Interesting from Judd saying he's been approached about the rival tour and said no.
    Maybe he's more interested in chasing records than money. That would be refreshing in this world.
    βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Maybe he's more interested in chasing records than money. That would be refreshing in this world.
      It's more significant as it's the first confirmation from a player that the breakaway tour is a real thing that's possibly going to happen. As Judd said in it's interview which is more successful is going to hinge on whether Ronnie goes or not.

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerfollower View Post

It's more significant as it's the first confirmation from a player that the breakaway tour is a real thing that's possibly going to happen. As Judd said in it's interview which is more successful is going to hinge on whether Ronnie goes or not.
        Yes, I've been expecting it. I've watched it unfold in Golf and thought it seemed inevitable that the same would happen in snooker. I suspect, same as with golf and the LIV tour, it will take some time to unfold and take shape, and hopefully reach a point where both can have their place. I'd rather it didn't happen, but the Dam is broken now and you can't stem the flow.

Comment

If the top boys go, Trump will follow them, that's who he wants to play, that's who he wants to test his game against.
          It will be interesting to see where the tipping point is, how many would have to go before the breakaway tour feels like the main tour?
          it happened with the darts and that wasn't backed by the stupid amounts of money that can be thrown around in todays world.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• So that's Williams and Trump who've essentially confirmed they aren't going to join the breakaway tour. Relief for WST I imagine. Ronnie also expected to stick with WST.

Comment

• Pockets are really unforgiving this year, making for some really tense matches with players constantly breaking down on 50-60 breaks before frame is over - I, for one, love it. Much more drama than century after century, despite all the commentators seemingly apologising for the "poor" play from players.

Side note - anybody been watching John Higgins" cue action up close? On the very final feather, on the pause on the final backswing, a pronounced tremor/shiver goes through his cue arm. Is it deliberate? Is it somehow "tensing" the arm, but in a "good" way? Is it new?

I was at the Crucible on Wednesday pm, watching his match, and it was very noticeable in the flesh - although on the telly, you need a pot/shot where whole arm is visible in profile...

(Gutted for Si, although he deserved to lose - for my money, he's now the best long potter in the game. But when that's not working, not much of a 'B game' to fall back on.)

Comment

• Will Lisowski ever learn not to play difficult shots with his other hand!! What's his issue? Trying to pretend your Ronnie or something Jack!?!?

The time to accept you are not as capable right handed was about 5 years ago......

Handing frames on a plate to an ex world champ.... Great idea Jack.
                Last edited by Cue crafty; 27 April 2024, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

If the top boys go, Trump will follow them, that's who he wants to play, that's who he wants to test his game against.
                  It will be interesting to see where the tipping point is, how many would have to go before the breakaway tour feels like the main tour?
                  it happened with the darts and that wasn't backed by the stupid amounts of money that can be thrown around in todays world.
                  Yep agreed, and he's fairly comfortable money wise this stage in his life so he can edge his bets, but yeh he will want to pit his wits & game against the best or where does the challenge come from? Any ageing snooker players knows that without the challenge your own game dwindles.

Comment

• Has anyone else noticed the alarmingly low number of centuries this year? We might be looking at the lowest figure since over a decade ago. I wonder if it's because the tables are tighter or everyone is just somehow playing worse...

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post
                      Has anyone else noticed the alarmingly low number of centuries this year? We might be looking at the lowest figure since over a decade ago. I wonder if it's because the tables are tighter or everyone is just somehow playing worse...
                      It's doing wonders for the drama though. I've seen centuries, they're great, 147's yeh they're cool too..... Players missing frame balls....players getting snookers, pro players sweating trying to win frames with rabbit in the head lights eyes.... Priceless!!!

I can wait till the BO7 smash ups re start for centuries!!
                      ​

Comment

It's doing wonders for the drama though. I've seen centuries, they're great, 147's yeh they're cool too..... Players missing frame balls....players getting snookers, pro players sweating trying to win frames with rabbit in the head lights eyes.... Priceless!!!

​
                        Oh, I totally agree! I was just mainly curious if the tables might have to do anything with it. Players have been making all sorts of positional mistakes, which has resulted in them having to take on tough pots - and this is where all those low-scoring frames are coming from. Judd, Ronnie, Allen, and Kyren seem like the only people who aren't as affected as the rest of the participants.

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post

Oh, I totally agree! I was just mainly curious if the tables might have to do anything with it. Players have been making all sorts of positional mistakes, which has resulted in them having to take on tough pots - and this is where all those low-scoring frames are coming from. Judd, Ronnie, Allen, and Kyren seem like the only people who aren't as affected as the rest of the participants.
                          Yeh true true, lots of talk in commentary re pressure of the WC champs itself and maybe this year, more than many past, it’s a little more open winner wise.
                          Good few must fancy their chances but that in turn creates the silly misses and although the players you mention seem ok at this point, it’s gonna catch them up in the next round!

Comment

​
                            World snooker doesn't want to pay out Β£147K on two 147's made in triple crowns, hence the tight pockets in this particular tournament.

Comment

• Maguire's currently 16/1 with Bet365 to win this tournament, I quite hope he does, makes a change.

Comment

• I like the colour of Ryan's shirt. Matches nicely with the waist coat IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X