No announcement yet.

Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why, exactly, have they started putting the players’ chairs up on a step at recent tournies?
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
      Not really sure what's up with Bob Milkins, he's normally a fairly happy go lucky fella, so far this whole WC I've just seen him shaking his head, frowning a lot and generally all the bad body language that you've always been told as a snooker player to avoid, because of it's negative impacts.

Hope all wells at home and life generally for him. 🤔
      I think he’s getting frustrated by the pressure of trying to prove his recent tournament wins weren’t lucky one-offs. I love him to bits but too often feel his frustration.
      Last edited by Billy; 28 April 2024, 10:33 AM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Why, exactly, have they started putting the players’ chairs up on a step at recent tournies?
        I've got a feeling they've made the barrier wall between the front row of spectators and the arena a touch higher, after last year's Just Stop Oil demo, and that may explain a new step up to the players' chairs. Don't quote me on that, not a fact, but certainly new and hardly likely to be a coincidence?

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

I've got a feeling they've made the barrier wall between the front row of spectators and the arena a touch higher, after last year's Just Stop Oil demo, and that may explain a new step up to the players' chairs. Don't quote me on that, not a fact, but certainly new and hardly likely to be a coincidence?
          I think you are right, the front row are all just heads over the barriers, so WST/etc. have raised that barrier to make more difficult to vault over (I doubt the lady from last year would make it now, she could not get onto the table - caught out by how high snooker tables actually are )
          The knock-on affect is a platform to raise the players chairs else we probably would not see them
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Maguire looking like a legit threat, been a while since I last saw him play THIS consistently. He's cueing like a beast.

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post
              Maguire looking like a legit threat, been a while since I last saw him play THIS consistently. He's cueing like a beast.

Yes, well played Mags, great to see him through. There's a lesson in sports psychology for Murphy, at a crucial point in the match, DON'T put extra pressure on yourself and inspire your opponent with premature victory celebrations.

-
              The fast and the furious,
              The slow and labourious,
              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Worked for him in the past though.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  Worked for him in the past though.
                  Against Maguire?

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I guess not. But it worked against Stevens in 2007 and against Wilson in 2021. And I guess against Ding in the final of the 2010 Wuxi Classic as well.

Comment

I guess not. But it worked against Stevens in 2007 and against Wilson in 2021. And I guess against Ding in the final of the 2010 Wuxi Classic as well.
                      Yeah, OK. Thanks for that Odrl.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Sarcasm?

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post
                          Has anyone else noticed the alarmingly low number of centuries this year? We might be looking at the lowest figure since over a decade ago. I wonder if it's because the tables are tighter or everyone is just somehow playing worse...
                          Cold and wet in sheffield right now so not good conditions for snooker alongside much criticism about last years buckets and the pockets are tighter so there will be less centuries. A good thing in my opinion, ton after ton gets boring.
                          Ryan Day is suffering from his usual playing from the shoulder routine, he really needs to shorten his bridge to ball but if he needs that much cue over his thumb to sight the shot then a longer cue is the answer for such a tall man.
                          Good to see Maguire win, always good to see goody two shoes disco baby lose I for one don't believe in the 'nice man' persona he's crafted for himself, he's a company man and a jobsworth to boot . Kyen going very well under the radar, not missing much but let's see what the weather brings over the next week, lot's of rain and the table conditions will be a lottery and Ronnies chalk will come out on top.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Ryan Day is suffering from his usual playing from the shoulder routine, he really needs to shorten his bridge to ball but if he needs that much cue over his thumb to sight the shot then a longer cue is the answer for such a tall man.

Interesting, Vmax! I love a bit of technical talk. Did you see my question upthread about the 'tremor' on Higgins' final backswing pause? Appreciate your thoughts.

Agree that Wilson is looking like the under-the-radar dark horse. "The Warrior" doesn't tend to crumble - question is, if his very best is good enough to beat either Trump or O'Sullivan (which I don't think it is.)

Comment

Sarcasm?
                              Kind of. As I said, I don't think it's a good strategy, what more do you want?

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Cold and wet in sheffield right now so not good conditions for snooker alongside much criticism about last years buckets and the pockets are tighter so there will be less centuries. A good thing in my opinion, ton after ton gets boring.

I am just surprised at how steep of a dropoff it is. Going from 75+ centuries in the past few years to the likely prospect of failing to hit 50-60.

Comment

Working...
                                X