• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

ROS (but of course )

see
    https://cuetracker.net/statistics/ma...alifier,6-reds

"at the worlds" including qualifiers - not just at the Crucible - different list

Higgins is on 99, ROS on114, etc.; as the matches are still in play.

[click on the Matches Played column heading to sort by that]
    Thanks Dean. That's a really interesting read, ROS no surprise as you say, but Mark Davis at No. 10, I would never have guessed that.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post

Lisowski is so sloppy. An average shot time of 12 seconds is simply too fast.
      Very frustrating to watch, he's such a serial mistake maker. Pain is supposed to be nature's way of helping us learn. He must just like pain.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Very frustrating to watch, he's such a serial mistake maker. Pain is supposed to be nature's way of helping us learn. He must just like pain.
        Or is it as the old adage says, "where there's no sense, there's no feeling". (One of my favourite spoonerisms by the way )

-
        The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

Or is it as the old adage says, "where there's no sense, there's no feeling". (One of my favourite spoonerisms by the way )

-
          Lolz yes I remember you like spoonerisms.

This wouldn’t be the first time today that Jack has reminded me of the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I think you are right, the front row are all just heads over the barriers, so WST/etc. have raised that barrier to make more difficult to vault over (I doubt the lady from last year would make it now, she could not get onto the table - caught out by how high snooker tables actually are )
            The knock-on affect is a platform to raise the players chairs else we probably would not see them
            I think you’ve both nailed it. Jack just sat down and from the position of the floor camera, he would have sunk right out of sight if the chairs were at floor level 😆
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Lolz yes I remember you like spoonerisms.

This wouldn’t be the first time today that Jack has reminded me of the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz.
              I didn't realise he wanted better shot selection.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I find the new, zen-like Mark Allen a real bore to watch, not to mention finding the air of superiority he seems to have adopted somewhat annoying . I think 5 years ago I’d have been pretty neutral for this match, but I’m hoping Higgins can get the better of him.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by AlOs View Post

Whoa all of this is very enlightening! I didn't know that a wee bit of moisture could be such a break factor. I used to think that it was mainly the cloth that gets affected, not the rest of the equipment. Although I swear they've been using aramith balls for a very long time now... like almost two decades? Or that might be in American pool.
                  Since the mid 90's, american pool tables have napless cloths and bigger balls so it's not so much of an issue but it still happens. If the balls are cold they will attract moisture from the atmosphere, it's been cold in the Crucible lately, players have been saying so.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Bit of an Alan Minter or Thomas Hearns is Jack.

He's not a Marvin Hagler.

Comment

• Jack is doing Jack things. He's Jack. Either he'll learn or he'll just stay Jack.
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Gosh, Ryan Day is so bottling this... for once I'd wish Ronnie would get a difficult draw in the worlds
                        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Shall we change the name of the world championships to the "who's the best between the ears" championship!?!?!? Hasn't got a great ring to it has it, but probably more apt.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                            Bit of an Alan Minter or Thomas Hearns is Jack.

He's not a Marvin Hagler.
                            Like your Train of thought there Trains, sorry didn't mean to do that... Honest. Good comparisons though. Lots of heart less brain.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

-
                              'It's the rutting season for tea cosies' - The Two Ronnies Dr. Spooner sketch
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

'It's the rutting season for tea cosies' - The Two Ronnies Dr. Spooner sketch
                                Classic sketch! He was a comic genius, loved the language and knew how to twist it into all sorts of hilarious shapes.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X