Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Trump in big trouble against Jones. Bit surprising given he started off with a century but a poor positional shot when in the balls in the 2nd frame and since then Jones has taken complete charge.

You can't win the match in the first session of these 3 session games, but you can certainly lose them and fall too far behind to realistically make a comeback. His arse has gone and is only 3-1 down, if you are under pressure at this stage, you've got no chance of going any further in the competition.
    I wouldn't panic just yet. He's had a few good comebacks this season.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
      I hope I speak on behalf of everyone in here when I say Go Mags!
      Not a great start is it. Mags needs some inspiration. Come on DBGB, give us a few fist pumps!

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Dave is not messing about.

Comment

• 7:1 ... ouch.
          "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post

I know all of this! What I'm saying is I have never noticed in this tournament the top 16 seedings changing depending who gets knocked out above them. Same in Wimbledon for example. If say Federer was seeded #1 and Nadal #2 and Federer gets knocked out early. I've never seen Nadal jump to #1. He was still seeded 2 for the tournament. In all the years I've been watching the snooker, I've never seen the seeding change depending who gets knocked out. If that's always been happening, then I've just plopped into an alternative reality!
            O´Sullivan is still 2. seeded and Judd third seeded, so nothings changed, just as it use to be at the cruicible
            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post

O´Sullivan is still 2. seeded and Judd third seeded, so nothings changed, just as it use to be at the cruicible
              I am aware of that too! I need to repeat my observation as I'm not being clear it seems. The seedlings have changed on the TV screens behind where they sit.
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

I wouldn't panic just yet. He's had a few good comebacks this season.

-
                Yes, think I was getting a bit ahead of myself when I posted that.

I do feel that the table on the right hand side as we see it on TV is playing a little easier than the one on the left. Balls seems to be a little more accepting down the cushion and balls seems to split better when going into the pack. The stats back it up too, 15 tons on the left side table, 24 including today's morning session on the right. I think they'll use that table when they get down to the semi finals!
                Last edited by cueman; 30 April 2024, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post

I know all of this! What I'm saying is I have never noticed in this tournament the top 16 seedings changing depending who gets knocked out above them. Same in Wimbledon for example. If say Federer was seeded #1 and Nadal #2 and Federer gets knocked out early. I've never seen Nadal jump to #1. He was still seeded 2 for the tournament. In all the years I've been watching the snooker, I've never seen the seeding change depending who gets knocked out. If that's always been happening, then I've just plopped into an alternative reality!
                  LOL Apologies

I have never seen this happen either, can you show where the seeding has changed since the start of the tournament?

Of course, commentators and pundit may say that a player is now favourite because X is out, but not seeding changing
                  Because seeding is only of any use to dictate where players go at the start of the event, changing during an event wont have any use.
                  Last edited by DeanH; 30 April 2024, 01:51 PM.
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Higgins must have still been in bed for the first half of that session, he's woken up now though. A good night's sleep and he should come out all buns glazing.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Higgins must have still been in bed for the first half of that session, he's woken up now though. A good night's sleep and he should come out all buns glazing.

-
                      All he needs is a quick Worty Finks and he'll be Sack on Bong.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

All he needs is a quick Worty Finks and he'll be Sack on Bong.
                        Beautiful CC (suck on bong ), Moetry in potion!

-
                        The slow and labourious,

Comment

Beautiful CC (suck on bong ), Moetry in potion!

-
                          Lolz nice one PB, I do love a good play on words too, really appeals to my beer humour, things like A bottle in front of me, over a frontal phlebotomy and Does like beer instead of Buzz light year etc. Priceless 🤣
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Lolz nice one PB, I do love a good play on words too, really appeals to my beer humour, things like A bottle in front of me, over a frontal phlebotomy and Does like beer instead of Buzz light year etc. Priceless 🤣
                            With you 100% mate, everything goes through the pun filter. Anyway, we'd better stop this before we get banned for OT. I'm off for some food, maybe some nice keys and parrots.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• I maintain my stance, that no one who commentates on a tournament wins it too ;-) Has anyone ever managed it?

What did anyone make of Bingham keep 'talking' to Lisowski last night?

Comment

• Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

What did anyone make of Bingham keep 'talking' to Lisowski last night?
                                The jury is out for me, keeping it nice and friendly....or taking advantage of inexperience... ?? 🤔
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X