No announcement yet.

Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely match between Trump and Jak Jones.

Comment

• What did anyone make of Bingham keep 'talking' to Lisowski last night?
      I thought it was a tactic of Bingham to distract Jack. Jack has poor focus at the best of times but he's tried harder the last few seasons to work on that. Bingham definitely is aware that a focussed Lisowski is tougher to beat than someone he can keep a little distracted.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

I thought it was a tactic of Bingham to distract Jack. Jack has poor focus at the best of times but he's tried harder the last few seasons to work on that. Bingham definitely is aware that a focussed Lisowski is tougher to beat than someone he can keep a little distracted.
        I didn't see that but I expected the ballrun to play fair and square. Also in today's match, I read that he played on needing 4 snookers. Is that true? I missed that match as I was driving.
        Last edited by fkhan; 30 April 2024, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Have you noticed how many snooker players raise their glass of water to their mouth, but then don’t tip it far enough for the water to reach their lips, resulting in a silly kind of pretend sip??

I blame Steve Davis.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            Lovely match between Trump and Jak Jones.
            I'm finding Jones matches all take the same pattern. Lots of misses, balls going scrappy, drawn out safety battles. I guess some enjoy that but I think the table playing tough creates more frames like this and definitely favours Jones. He's the closest in style to Selby on tour, he'll probably reach the final here one day.

Judd is playing poorly though, you look for players coming to form at this stage but his form is deteriorating. He looks under pressure too, visibly he looks like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. Genuinely don't think he's cut out for the crucible and the marathon format of the WC. His technique isn't strong enough over 17 days, he's a confidence player and when it goes, he tends to crumble.
            Last edited by cueman; 30 April 2024, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Don't care about all that. I just enjoy watching this match.

Comment

• So, Bingham vs Jones and Wilson vs Gilbert in the semis...?
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I didn't see that but I expected the ballrun to play fair and square. Also in today's match, I read that he played on needing 4 snookers. Is that true? I missed that match as I was driving.
                  Yeah Bingham was 50 behind with one red left on the table.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Yeah Bingham was 50 behind with one red left on the table.
                    Yes, this links to what I was thinking about him keep talking to Lisowski. The commentators all questioned the sense of it,
                    it became a bit embarrasing to watch, the likelier theory to me is that it was an attempt at disruption, albeit a legitimate one.

Like a lot of other people on here I would have liked to have seen Maguire do well, but alas he seems to have lost his mojo
                    to a degree. However Gilbert is an equally likeable player, maybe not quite as imposing as Maguire but he has made the semis
                    before, he would be a popular guy to do well I think. Having said that Maguire has just made a very nice frame winning break so
                    perhaps he is turning the corner. 9 - 3 behind though seems a tall order.
                    Last edited by FredDavis'Leg; 30 April 2024, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                      So, Bingham vs Jones and Wilson vs Gilbert in the semis...?
                      Please no. Two of my least favourite players in there, Bingham and Kryten.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by FredDavis'Leg View Post

Yes, this links to what I was thinking about him keep talking to Lisowski. The commentators all questioned the sense of it,
                        it became a bit embarrasing to watch, the likelier theory to me is that it was an attempt at disruption, albeit a legitimate one.
                        Totally agree on this, Stuart could see Ronnie was frustrated with his game and I believe wanted to exacerbate that, but I really don't think it bothered Ronnie in the least Moreover, Ronnie used the additional time to work on the technique that he is using this year that hes been trialing with Nic Barrow.
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Could be a late night. Trump and Jones only 2 frames so far. Loving it though. Fantastic safety play by both.
                          Last edited by daffie; 30 April 2024, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• How many players are using red badge Phantoms this year? Seen a few, fkhan expecting you to know. no pressure lol.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                              How many players are using red badge Phantoms this year? Seen a few, fkhan expecting you to know. no pressure lol.
                              I don't remember all of them TBH. A quick search has 8 players using that model inluding Cao Yupeng and Zhou Yuelong

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/DGW...ibextid=oFDknk
                              Last edited by fkhan; 30 April 2024, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I don't remember all of them TBH. A quick search has 8 players using that model inluding Cao Yupeng and Zhou Yuelong

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/DGW...ibextid=oFDknk
                                thanks. Such a pure looking cue, have you tried one btw? 🧐
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X