Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

thanks. Such a pure looking cue, have you tried one btw? 🧐
    Yeah, I agree. They look pretty. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it mate. One of my friend's has a series 2, 1 piece ash cue, I played a few shots with it. It's a good cue.

Comment

• Judd looking listless and lifeless. That long frame was headache-inducing 😫

Comment

• Really bad mistake by Jak Jones. Screwed the white into the middle pocket. Could have gone 10-8 up. Surely Judd will push on from here.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Really bad mistake by Jak Jones. Screwed the white into the middle pocket. Could have gone 10-8 up. Surely Judd will push on from here.
          I thought he would play for blue instead of the pink to stay on the yellow.
          Last edited by fkhan; 1 May 2024, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
            Haven’t seen Front Row Brian (Brian Wright) this year yet. He was complaining about the price of tickets so maybe only going to turn up for the final.
            I see Brian has turned up. Couple of stone heavier and hair greyer than when I saw him last. Sitting next to Kyren.

Comment

• Out of the eight remaining players Kyren looks the one having the most consisting form in all his matches, you have to say.

I wonder wether (and if so when) he is going to have an off session... proly in the final against Ronnie?
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Yep, kyren for me is a strong favourite on current form. It's been said for a while now his robotic cue action is probably more suited to the crucible marathon. It's the same for every shot so there is little to go wrong, especially under pressure. He'd be silly to think about joining a rival tour and giving up his tour card because in a few years, he could do a Selby and win multiple world titles.

Comment

• Meanwhile Trump is playing like a club player. His technique exposed under the pressure, this is going to be career threatening if he doesn't try and change his technique if he wants a long career.

Comment

• Jones is getting some running, having said that Trump has had more than enough chances, shredsville as Jimmy would say.
                    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Does anyone think that Trump will ever win another WC?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        Meanwhile Trump is playing like a club player. His technique exposed under the pressure, this is going to be career threatening if he doesn't try and change his technique if he wants a long career.
                        He is out of sorts for sure but I would not think it's career threatening in any way. He is too good for that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

He is out of sorts for sure but I would not think it's career threatening in any way. He is too good for that.
                          You'd hope not but over time, the scars of these bad losses and terrible performances take their toll. It doesn't matter what he's won this season, he's failed to land any major titles, again and it's that he is measured on. 4 triple crowns is an awful return for someone who's won what he has. All the centuries he scores in other events yet what does he do in the majors?

Comment

• ...and in the bottom half it's between Stu and Ronnie you would say. If Ronnie keeps making easy mistakes like yesterday, Stu might just have a chance to get to the finals. But I fully expect Ronnie to take over the match quickly today, especially after seeing Judd go out..

Jak is just to dependent on his opponent's mistakes to win his semi, either against Stu or surely against Ronnie, I'd guess.
                            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Great win for Jak Jones, fantastic achievement for him.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

You'd hope not but over time, the scars of these bad losses and terrible performances take their toll. It doesn't matter what he's won this season, he's failed to land any major titles, again and it's that he is measured on. 4 triple crowns is an awful return for someone who's won what he has. All the centuries he scores in other events yet what does he do in the majors?
                                I agree. Most snooker players would trade his career for their's in a heartbeat though. Age is on his side. He will have plenty of chances to win more majors.
                                Last edited by fkhan; 1 May 2024, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X