Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Yep, kyren for me is a strong favourite on current form.
    I don’t think I could stomach Kryten winning the WC, parading his kids around like he’s the only person who’s ever produced a child, not to mention him reminding everyone that “I’m a Wilson and Wilsons are fighters.”
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Very surprised at Higgins's performance today, I can understand him running out of steam, but his shot choice has been very un-Higgins like, taking on low percentage shots instead of tightening things up.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Has anyone else felt that the ES cameramen get obstructed by the ref and our screen's turn black for a split second quite a few times. I think they should take that into account while recording. I'll stop now. I have hijacked the thread lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
          I wonder how big the pockets will be this year, too big last year which was part of the reason for Brecel's triumph, weather conditions will also be crucial, a lot of rain and the tables will play poorly which then rules out Trump and Allen and Ronnie could get his 8th.
          Trump completely loses his timing when the tables play heavy, his body movement to the right either happens too soon, too late and sometimes not at all. Someone needs to tell him that it's not his fault if he misses the odd one thick, bad contacts do happen more often in heavy conditions so you have to shrug them off and carry on in the belief that you didn't really miss it.
          I think this is where Ronnie triumphs in these conditions, but he'll have to forget whatever bollocks that Nick Barrow is telling him.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
          but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Hoping Ronnie bottles it against Bingham. Zak Jones is through already. Gilbert and Wilson on the brink. Could be a very fresh and interesting last few days of the tournament. Still would love to see John come through though but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
              Hoping Ronnie bottles it against Bingham. Zak Jones is through already. Gilbert and Wilson on the brink. Could be a very fresh and interesting last few days of the tournament. Still would love to see John come through though but we'll see.
              I'm with you there (don't see it, though)

"That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Thought Higgo was dead and gone but seems to be hanging in there. Lazarus.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                  Thought Higgo was dead and gone but seems to be hanging in there. Lazarus.
                  And then another low percentage shot with the rest, missed and leaving an easy pot. What are you thinking John??

-
                  The slow and labourious,

Comment

• How did Kyren not win that session? The plant Higgins took on, in the last frame, to the top yellow pocked was, under the circumstances, absolute madness.

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Incredible really. But I'm glad anyhow.

Comment

• Ronnie looks agitated. I can see an upset this evening.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Incredible really. But I'm glad anyhow.
                          Me too. Game on again. Speaking of which, grumpy Mags is thumping his way back into his match.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Haha yes...Mags can always be counted on a knuckle rap or two eh. He's holding himself pretty well though. But needs the next two frames really to get back to 10-11. Gilbert hitting 12 I think would be it for this match.

Comment

• Despite earlier thinking Kyren was strong favourite, that was based on when he was 9-4 up, now I'm not sure he does have the bottle.
                              ​​​​​​
                              Should've stuck to my original choice, Ronnie is going to get the 8th, all triple crowns in a season and undoubtedly be his best season ever. It's up to the others to stop him and try and rival him, but it's a sad indictment of the lack of quality in the game that he can achieve that only 18 months off 50. It's not that he's playing well, the others have declined so much there is no challenge to him.

Comment

• What the...did Mags just gobble up an unfortunate fly which landed right in front of him on the green baize?!

Comment

Working...
                                X