Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
    I apologise if this has been mentioned before. I couldn't find it. Why have some players seeding changed (like Ronnie to 1 and Judd to 2) but others haven't like Lisowski and Bingham? I understand it's because other seeds are out but I've never noticed this before in tournaments.
    I guess it's the 2 year ranking on the screens instead of the seeding...

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      Has anyone else felt that the E̶S̶ BBC cameramen get obstructed by the ref and our screen's turn black for a split second quite a few times.
      There, corrected that for you 😆

And yes, I have. Things overall seem particularly tight this year. Ronnie bumped into Ryan twice during their match.
      Last edited by Billy; 1 May 2024, 04:20 PM.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Watched the ROS v Bingo match on the BBC earlier, the moment when Desi is trying to respot the black and it keeps rocking back until finally she is happy, Neil Robertson in commentary reckoned Ronnie could have potted the red but chose to play safe off it because he didn't want to gain any unfair advantage. He also called it one of the best pieces of sportsmanship he had ever witnessed.

Anyone else have a view on what happened? It certainly looked as Neil suggested on my screen.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• I saw it the same way. Good job Desi on keeping her cool and stand firm. Lot of pressure on her as well.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Watched the ROS v Bingo match on the BBC earlier, the moment when Desi is trying to respot the black and it keeps rocking back until finally she is happy, Neil Robertson in commentary reckoned Ronnie could have potted the red but chose to play safe off it because he didn't want to gain any unfair advantage. He also called it one of the best pieces of sportsmanship he had ever witnessed.

Anyone else have a view on what happened? It certainly looked as Neil suggested on my screen.
            I agree with Neil.And never saw a color rock off its spot before in these tourneys. The cloth is too thin IMO.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post

There, corrected that for you 😆

And yes, I have. Things overall seem particularly tight this year. Ronnie bumped into Ryan twice during their match.
              I did not know it happened on BBC too. I watched that on ES. This raises a question in my mind. Are there separate cameras for each of the broadcasters?

Comment

• Regarding the black spot issue. Just heard ROS comment on it on Eurosport. And as usual being an absolute dick about it. Saying the ref having it in for him as always (his words) and needing to prove her wrong. What an absolute t0sser.

So come on Stu...send this petulant little boy home.
                Last edited by daffie; 1 May 2024, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I did not know it happened on BBC too. I watched that on ES. This raises a question in my mind. Are there separate cameras for each of the broadcasters?
                  No, the WC is one of the BBC tournaments (1 of 3). ES just use their feed and have their own commentary team.
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                    No, the WC is one of the BBC tournaments (1 of 3). ES just use their feed and have their own commentary team.
                    Did not know that. Thanks for clearing that.

Comment

• Stu is really cueing beautifully... haven't seen him play that well in a long time, he's up for it. As is Ronnie. Great match this.
                      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
                        Stu is really cueing beautifully... haven't seen him play that well in a long time, he's up for it. As is Ronnie. Great match this.
                        Last time he played like this he won the WC.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Last time he played like this he won the WC.
                          ...Beating Ronnie 13 - 9 in the QFs along the way.
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            Regarding the black spot issue. Just heard ROS comment on it on Eurosport. And as usual being an absolute dick about it. Saying the ref having it in for him as always (his words) and needing to prove her wrong. What an absolute t0sser.

So come on Stu...send this petulant little boy home.
                            All drama queens love a drama and there's always something with Ronnie, especially at the worlds.

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post

All drama queens love a drama and there's always something with Ronnie, especially at the worlds.

-
                              Indeed.

Wonderful break from Stu to go 12-10. Come on Stu!

Comment

• This is fast becoming my least favourite WC. Kryten through and Bingham on the brink, and looking unbearably smug about it!

Comment

Working...
                                X