No announcement yet.

Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well what a wonderful BBC mid session video with surgical steel embellished creative student mommies little precious's making things with old snooker cloth

BTW did anyone else see yesterdays cue zone when there was a bloke wearing a gold lame dress playing on the table in the background with someone holding up a sign that read 'fairness in womens sport' ?
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
      I don't like it the way it is, but it's a tricky one, if it becomes completely subjective, then that brings it's own issues. IDK, It's like snooker's 'off-side' rule isn't it.
      Maybe the offside rule was drafted by supermodels and the VAR room is full of attractive far eastern women

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• I haven't seen it mentioned but yesterday midway through a frame as Ronnie was on a shot they decided to let people into the seated area halting the frame. That's the first time I've seen it at the Crucible.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Great to see both players on their A game today, very classy snooker from both.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Absolutely. Good session. Shame no Maximum.

Comment

• Dennis Taylor mentioned in commentary that the table being used is table two, the one that both Gilbert and Wilson have played on throughout. I must say it's playing so much better than table one, which is the table that most of the matches I have watched have been played on.
              In the past they used to make one table up for the semis and final from the components of both tables based on questionaires answered from the players about how both tables had been playing, I wonder if this is still the case or is Dennis Taylor correct ?

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                I haven't seen it mentioned but yesterday midway through a frame as Ronnie was on a shot they decided to let people into the seated area halting the frame. That's the first time I've seen it at the Crucible.
                And when he calls that out, he is a p×××k. Maybe his way of going about it was not right but the disturbance was genuine.

Comment

• Did I just hear Kryten say he is commentating on this evenings other semi…. WTF?!? No no
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

When a ball is struck from the same place all the time then a dip will develope on that very spot, nowhere else, this is the reaon why club tables have little stick on cloth spots to protect the cloth, just need to remove the cloth spot and replace it with another when the dip developes.
                    It's pretty clear that the ref was replacing the black in the wrong place if a dip developed off the spot, her ball marker make it clear the spot wasn't occupied yet the black kept moving off it's spot to roll onto the dip that had developed where it had been consistantly placed prior to the incident so it's the referees fault entirely for not respotting the black ball correctly.
                    Ronnie miffed about it and rightly so and in his own mind he did the right thing.
                    It's all well and good to get attractive girls to referee snooker but if they can hardly reach the pink spot at full stretch, call a miss every single time, continue to walk in front of you when you are down on the shot in order to get behind you and respot colours incorrectly then what ? She is very good at replacing balls after a miss and I think that's why she calls a miss every single bloody time (look how good I am and don't I look good doing it) despite the difficulty of the position of the balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H77fRz1rybs

Kudos to Stuart, played well yesterday and it meant a lot to him to find his form again after what was deemed an eyesight problem but wasn't, Kyren was pretty awesome in his consistancy, Jak made better of poor conditions and a bad table or set of balls and Gilbert was like Kyren in his consistancy. I think Stuart will make the final but Gilbert v Kyren is a hard one to call.
                    Table one playing poorly, table two much better, do the atmospheric conditions change that much in one room ? table fitters are either not up to scratch or the tables/balls aren't up to scratch or the Crucible is a poor venue for the most prestigious tournament of the season.
                    Time to move on world snooker, it's not all about the sponsors, I don't want snooker to end up like the EPL but it's going in that direction.
                    I have seen the area near the spots get lower which causes the colous to veer off to one end on many club tables but NOT on pro tables where the cloth is changed far too often. That was a first for me. And I agree about the refs, I have seen quite a few mistakes creep into their decisions off late. I think a marker should be there and allowed to override the refs decision if genuine and if a player challenges it.

Comment

• BTW did anyone else see yesterdays cue zone when there was a bloke wearing a gold lame dress playing on the table in the background with someone holding up a sign that read 'fairness in womens sport' ?[/QUOTE]

My God yes, was watching Hazel and co. then saw that abomination - the divvy woman with the sign thankfully got dealt with quickly.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
                        BTW did anyone else see yesterdays cue zone when there was a bloke wearing a gold lame dress playing on the table in the background with someone holding up a sign that read 'fairness in womens sport' ?
                        My God yes, was watching Hazel and co. then saw that abomination - the divvy woman with the sign thankfully got dealt with quickly.[/QUOTE]

I think it was a set up, that bloke wasn't even trying to be feminine. It's a problem with female sport at the moment, especially in the US where the trans agenda is rampant in college sport. It's all down to big Mike, Obamas trans wife. Macron too has an alleged trans wife, about thirty years his senior as well.
                        Trickle down economics as well as trickle down gender affirmation Jeffery Epstein did not commit suicide and Obamas cook didn't drown.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

I have seen the area near the spots get lower which causes the colous to veer off to one end on many club tables but NOT on pro tables where the cloth is changed far too often. That was a first for me. And I agree about the refs, I have seen quite a few mistakes creep into their decisions off late. I think a marker should be there and allowed to override the refs decision if genuine and if a player challenges it.
                          You will also see a little circle appear around each spot where the chalk that comes off the cue ball on contact with the colour settles and goes under the cloth and forms a circular ridge around the spot area. That can be dealt with by using a pin to pierce the cloth and scrape the chalk back to dust and then use a vacuum cleaner to suck it away through the cloth fibres.
                          All useful information that the pro table fitters don't need to know about, but will happen on your club tables.

Comment

• Maybe time to take your medicine now?

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

My God yes, was watching Hazel and co. then saw that abomination - the divvy woman with the sign thankfully got dealt with quickly.
                              I think it was a set up, that bloke wasn't even trying to be feminine. It's a problem with female sport at the moment, especially in the US where the trans agenda is rampant in college sport. It's all down to big Mike, Obamas trans wife. Macron too has an alleged trans wife, about thirty years his senior as well.
                              Trickle down economics as well as trickle down gender affirmation Jeffery Epstein did not commit suicide and Obamas cook didn't drown.[/QUOTE]

That guy must have some balls to wear a dress like that Winning trophies is easy these days ........ claim to be a different sex.

They've all got kinks in em them dodgy fookers.

Comment

• This is maybe the most surprising semifinal line-up in the 25 years I watch Snooker, along with 2019. But I don't mind it. You have two household names with Wilson and Bingham, Gilbert has also been a quite consistent good player over the last five years and Jones has been really playing well this tournament so far.
                                I like about this World Championship that it seems harder to pot again than in the last couple of years. What I didn't like is that many top players like Selby, Murphy, Wiliams or Robertson (who didn't even qualify) were not in proper form here. So of course the quality could have been better. But I'm mainly for close matches and there were quite a few and hopefully three more to come.

Brecel last year was already the biggest surprise as a winner since Murphy in 2005, Jones and maybe also Gilbert would even top that for me though.
                                So I'd still say it's Wilson or Bingham to take the title here.

Comment

Working...
                                X