No announcement yet.

Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is "gimmie" the silliest word in sports commentary?

Comment

• I recall Bingham was involved in match fixing in 2017, betting on matches he was involved in and got 6 months ban. Considering the 2-7 years bans ditched out to Chinese players Bingham's punishment seems light.

Comment

• I've met Stu, used to chit chat down the club he practiced at back around the time he was world champ. Very down to earth guy and an absolute snooker lover. The problem anyone is going to have beating him here this week, now he's in form, is the fact that he is a kid in a sweet shop right now. He's having the time of his life just playing at the Crucible in the world championship. That's gonna be hard to play against for the debutant's.

It will mean a lot to Bingham to win so maybe that pressure will come back on when he's really tested near the winning line.

Good luck to them all, I just hope no one lets themselves down badly or gains any scars. ⚔️⚔️
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

My God yes, was watching Hazel and co. then saw that abomination - the divvy woman with the sign thankfully got dealt with quickly.
          I think it was a set up, that bloke wasn't even trying to be feminine. It's a problem with female sport at the moment, especially in the US where the trans agenda is rampant in college sport. It's all down to big Mike, Obamas trans wife. Macron too has an alleged trans wife, about thirty years his senior as well.
          Trickle down economics as well as trickle down gender affirmation Jeffery Epstein did not commit suicide and Obamas cook didn't drown.[/QUOTE]

I've seen plenty of badly photoshopped photos of Michelle Obama made to look masculine ,I made a point of hunting the originals and also looked at other photos of her around the same time and the manly ones were clearly manipulated, it's obvious Epstein didn't kill himself as the chances of the CCTV stopping working at the same time both guards left a prisoner on suicide watch is next to none
          Last edited by GeordieDS; 2 May 2024, 07:32 PM.
          It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I've met Stu, used to chit chat down the club he practiced at back around the time he was world champ. Very down to earth guy and an absolute snooker lover. The problem anyone is going to have beating him here this week, now he's in form, is the fact that he is a kid in a sweet shop right now. He's having the time of his life just playing at the Crucible in the world championship. That's gonna be hard to play against for the debutant's.

It will mean a lot to Bingham to win so maybe that pressure will come back on when he's really tested near the winning line.

Good luck to them all, I just hope no one lets themselves down badly or gains any scars. ⚔️⚔️
            Bingham also really thrives in the one-table set-up. He played three matches before in that situation and played amazing in all three of them.

The one-table set-up and the pressure that comes with it is something that players really need to accustom to and this seems to be the case for Jak Jones as well. I just looked back the last 16 years, including 2008. Of 15 players, who reached the crucible semifinal for their first time, only five one their first match in this situation - and four of them (Carter, Trump, Hawkins and Brecel) won their semifinal debut against another player, who was also the first time in this situation. The only player in this time span, who won his first semifinal against a player, who had experienced this situation before was ... Stuart Bingham.
            Last edited by JimMalone; 2 May 2024, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post

Bingham also really thrives in the one-table set-up. He played three matches before in that situation and played amazing in all three of them.

The one-table set-up and the pressure that comes with it is something that players really need to accustom to and this seems to be the case for Jak Jones as well. I just looked back the last 16 years, including 2008. Of 15 players, who reached the crucible semifinal for their first time, only five one their first match in this situation - and four of them (Carter, Trump, Hawkins and Brecel) won their semifinal debut against another player, who was also the first time in this situation. The only player in this time span, who won his first semifinal against a player, who had experienced this situation before was ... Stuart Bingham.
              Nice stats,Jim.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• That was a very fine break of Jones and a very important one to not already almost lose that match early on.

Comment

• That brown took some nerve. Hope that frame helps him settle, 5 - 3 wouldn't be too bad.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Have you noticed how tightly this ref clenches his fists while standing waiting for each shot? It gives me arthritis just watching him!
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      That brown took some nerve. Hope that frame helps him settle, 5 - 3 wouldn't be too bad.

-
                      Got his eye in now, thinks we're in for a good match here on in. 🙏
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• 4 - 4 Even better. You're not wrong CC.

-
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
                          I recall Bingham was involved in match fixing in 2017, betting on matches he was involved in and got 6 months ban. Considering the 2-7 years bans ditched out to Chinese players Bingham's punishment seems light.
                          He placed bets on snooker matches and that isn't allowed, same as with most sports people betting on their own sport. The investigation found no evidence of match fixing. The bets were stuff like when he had the high break in a tournament that it would be beaten. Quite smart really- if the bet loses he still has the high break prize, but he still gets something if it's beaten. Rules is rules though, hence the ban.

Comment

• Bingham gave Jones an inch Jak took a mile, what a great player Jones is. Brilliant all round game with a terrific temperament too.
                            Last edited by Cue crafty; 3 May 2024, 06:56 AM.
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Crucible View Post
                              I recall Bingham was involved in match fixing in 2017, betting on matches he was involved in and got 6 months ban. Considering the 2-7 years bans ditched out to Chinese players Bingham's punishment seems light.
                              That's the problem with recollections, they don't generally rely on facts. So here's some black and white ones.

https://www.eurosport.com/snooker/wo...47/story.shtml

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Don't like Jak Jones' demeanor. He annoys me. Looking for Bingham to steam ahead this afternoon...
                                Last edited by daffie; 3 May 2024, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X