No announcement yet.

Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Careless black from the warrior ? you what.

Will it cost him ?

Comment

• But Gilbert returns the favour with easy misses on the yellow and brown.

The Kettering Dynamo takes a two frame lead.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
        Andy Lee sitting in Dave Gilberts family cubicle.

His two year card ended like it never happened in the first place, is he going to spend another odd grand entering the q school this year ? whats the point ?
        Played Andy Lee about 20 odd years ago at Willie Thorne's, hammered me 3-0 an absolute scoring machine. Was convinced he was gonna be something special. It's strange because the last pro I ever played, Louis Heathcote, I beat 2-0 in a group comp and yet never rated him at all. Mind you, he was only 14 or 15 and he's gone on to do okay on tour. I guess some players just can't handle the pressure, but Lee is a far better player than he's shown on tour.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

Played Andy Lee about 20 odd years ago at Willie Thorne's, hammered me 3-0 an absolute scoring machine. Was convinced he was gonna be something special. It's strange because the last pro I ever played, Louis Heathcote, I beat 2-0 in a group comp and yet never rated him at all. Mind you, he was only 14 or 15 and he's gone on to do okay on tour. I guess some players just can't handle the pressure, but Lee is a far better player than he's shown on tour.
          Fair do's. Maybe some players should just be a little more attacking. The times i've seen Lee play he spends a lot of time bogged down in safety.

Heathcote shows some glimpses as well, all a bit of roulette I guess.

Comment

• Kyren running away with it now if Dave isn't careful. Must keep his cool and keep it tight. Not go for low percentage shots.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
              Andy Lee sitting in Dave Gilberts family cubicle.

His two year card ended like it never happened in the first place, is he going to spend another odd grand entering the q school this year ? whats the point ?
              One of the most unfortunate things bestowed on anyone is a talent that's nearly good enough but not quite enough to play a part in the big game and earn some money. Those people in life need the best temperament of all, just to contend with that fact.

As Denis Leary eloquently once put it " Life sucks, where a helmet"
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Looks like the fight is draining out of Gilbert, needs his corner man to tell him to hang in there because he had chances to win that last frame. Kyren was faltering too, so that really was a massive frame! Things could easily change if he can find some dig in and grind ability. It's far from lost if he can re focus.
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Yup. Gilbert throwing it away now. Not making the right choices. Should keep it tight...or make the pots that he keeps missing. He's too forced and rushed.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    Yup. Gilbert throwing it away now. Not making the right choices. Should keep it tight...or make the pots that he keeps missing. He's too forced and rushed.
                    That's the problem with this semi final line up, none of them are serial winners, used to this level of pressure. It's a lot easier saying what to do from behind a screen, but put yourself in their shoes, tired, under pressure, have missed a few pots, the game suddenly becomes 100 times harder. Simple pots look like they can be missed, your thought process is clouded by previous bad shots. I feel sorry for the stress they've put themself under as we the audience criticise their every shot!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post

That's the problem with this semi final line up, none of them are serial winners, used to this level of pressure. It's a lot easier saying what to do from behind a screen, but put yourself in their shoes, tired, under pressure, have missed a few pots, the game suddenly becomes 100 times harder. Simple pots look like they can be missed, your thought process is clouded by previous bad shots. I feel sorry for the stress they've put themself under as we the audience criticise their every shot!
                      Well said, feeling it for them.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• That last frame was excellent by Gilbert. Would've been easier to quit and miss and allow Kyren to stroll to the finishing line. Still feel he's got a chance now. Tomorrow is another day.

Comment

• Well done hanging in there Dave Gilbert. That gives yourself a chance tomorrow, and makes a great semi final still have some intriguige. 🙏
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Yes well done Dave. There's still hope...

Comment

• I still tend to think that Wilson is almost through. It's true he let a huge lead slip against Murphy in the 2021 semifinal, but I don't trust Gilbert to play the level Murphy played back then. And obviously Wilson is a way more solid player than Si Jiahui, who blew a huge lead against Brecel last year.
                              Intriguing 19th frame between Bingham and Jones right now.

Comment

• If Jak Jones beats Bingham, I want to hear him say....I'm in the final now you know!! Terry Griffiths style.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X