Cazoo World Championship 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post

I still think it's Ding Junhui, best player never to win the WC.
    I agree. Either him or the late great Paul Hunter.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Ding????????
      Jimmy White ? made six finals unlike Ding who only made one and was beaten although if I'd been the referee he would have won as I'd have warned Selby about his obvious gamesmanship.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerfromtheThatcherEra View Post
        Mark Allen has definitely inherited Kyron Wilson's "best player never to have won the WC" crown. But I just find him too tedious to watch now. There's a difference between "slow" players (eg Jak Jones is on the slowish side) and medium fast players who have slowed their game down out of matchplay gamesmanship (Allen).

I always cringe when I read that kind of nonsense... but of course that always comes from people who are eager to underline how they cannot stand the way Mark Allen is playing, which might give you some causal clues here
        "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
          I may have missed it but did Kyren give Barry Stark any mention at all?
          Yes, he did. He called him about by name and got him to come down to the Crucible floor and hold the trophy with him.

Comment

• We often have discussion of who is the best never to win the WC. So what about, best player to only win one! I'm going to say obvious one Judd Trump, with Shaun Murphy a close second.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neuronic View Post

I always cringe when I read that kind of nonsense... but of course that always comes from people who are eager to underline how they cannot stand the way Mark Allen is playing, which might give you some causal clues here
              I don't know what you mean by this? I'm a slow player myself, and liked to watch Allen. But about a year to 18 months ago he slowed his game right down, including on all the straightforward shots, and now he is tedious to watch. That's his right, and it's working for him in terms of results - but I don't have to pretend I like it.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by this? I'm a slow player myself, and liked to watch Allen. But about a year to 18 months ago he slowed his game right down, including on all the straightforward shots, and now he is tedious to watch. That's his right, and it's working for him in terms of results - but I don't have to pretend I like it.
                For me "gamesmanship" in that context is implying that Allen is trying to impair his opponent with a deliberately slow style of play... which of course he's not, he's just trying to focus, especially when he's struggling.
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  We often have discussion of who is the best never to win the WC. So what about, best player to only win one! I'm going to say obvious one Judd Trump, with Shaun Murphy a close second.
                  Judd definitely followed by Neil IMHO.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post

Judd definitely followed by Neil IMHO.
                    Judd still got time. No wife and kids yet

Comment

Yes, he did. He called him about by name and got him to come down to the Crucible floor and hold the trophy with him.
                      Cheers Maggie, I missed some of the celebrations at the end, nice to hear he did that.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                        We often have discussion of who is the best never to win the WC. So what about, best player to only win one! I'm going to say obvious one Judd Trump, with Shaun Murphy a close second.
                        John Parrott considering how he played in 1991,never repeated that form which was as good as it gets imo.
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Cheers Maggie, I missed some of the celebrations at the end, nice to hear he did that.
                          I've worked out why Kyren looks robotic now, he's got Iron Mans Dad coaching him.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Has to be Robertson at the moment. Trump can still overtake him of course, but as of right now Robertson has won 3 UK titles, 2 Masters titles, and 13 ranking titles outside of the short format or limited playing field. Trump has only won 1, 2 and 14 of those respectively. Murphy is nowhere near.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post

John Parrott considering how he played in 1991,never repeated that form which was as good as it gets imo.
                              I thought Parrott played just as well against John Higgins in the 98 Crucible qf but narrowly lost.
                              Higgins commented afterwards how well Parrott played and how underrated he was, didnt Parrott win more tournaments overseas than in the UK or something like that.

Comment

• Best player to Never win: White or Ding. Nobody else is quite close IMO.

Best player with 1 title: Robertson.

Comment

Working...
                                X