Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the slowest professional snooker player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the slowest professional snooker player?

Peter Ebdon?

I would say on average Peter ebdon isn't. When he is slow he's extremely S L O W but when playing at pace he's fairly brisk so average shot time won't make him the slowest. If we're talking pros past and present how about Eddie Charlton?

Comment

Or Terry Griffiths

Comment

Ian Mcculloch is up there.
        "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Dave Harold?
          I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Ebdon is not the slowest definately, on certain occasions he has taken slow to a new level but on average he's actually not as slow as people tend to think, I feel. Dave Harold just gives the appearance of being slow by the way he moves nothing when down on the shot, again not that slow if timed I think. The slowest on tour at the minute is between Rod Lawler and Rory Mcleod. I think Rod is the slightly slower of the two.

Comment

Peter Ebdon is often labeled as defensive and slow, but he occassionally plays faster and even attempts crazy pots which surely doesn't fit the defensive scheme one would think of..
              Therefore, Dave Harold or Rory McLeod would probably get my vote.
              All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

When things gets tricky, then Ricky Walden can be very slow as well, not in executing the shot but more in considering what to do. But overall I back Mcleod or Lawler.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Neil Robertson and Graeme Dott....especially when they playing against each other!

Comment

Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                    Neil Robertson and Graeme Dott....especially when they playing against each other!
                    Lol good one.

I feel Jamie burnett is quite slow as well.
                    His shot selection and thinking before the shots is pretty quick. But he takes too much time feather. Even on simple shots he feathers atleast 10 times that too not including the small 1/2 inch feathers.
                    When you are watching him and when he stops feather you think " ok hes about to hit" and whooops he starts feathering again. I like his game though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEarH2rS13o check this video and see how much he feathers even on straight forward shots.

Comment

Stephen Lee isnt far behind. He likes to do the "walkabout" a lot
                      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

One things for sure about Steven Lee, he always scores heavily

Comment

Right. Well thanks all, seems the consensus is Mcleod or Lawler. Can't say I'm familiar with either of those players but I'll watch for them.

Comment

Darren Morgan
                            "Am too good not to win this tournament" - Stephen Hendry

Comment

As good a player as Terry Griffiths was, he was a pain in the neck to watch, because of his very slow play. Even when he was a top amateur.
                              :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X