World Open/October event cancelled?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
    Well not everyone has satellite TV and I don't think snooker can afford to alienate those who don't.
    well as snooker fans we cant afford not to have eurosport TBH

6 EPTC
    Wuxi classic
    World Cup
    Aussie Open
    Shanghai Masters
    Brazilian Masters
    China Open
    PTC Finals

13 tournaments as appose to only 3 on terrestrial.

Comment

Sounds like the World Open is going ahead in March, and is taking place in China. To be shown on Eurosport.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
        one dimensional seen one match you seen them all.
        Yeah, except they were all different players, points scored, durations, shots played, the way the balls scattered. Apart from that they were all EXACTLY the same.

Comment

Your average snooker fan can get by without watching any of those you mentioned - as I do - so long as we have the main 4 BBC tournaments.

Grand Prix, Masters, UK, World.

They should stick to this. It's their core audience in the UK.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Sounds like the World Open is going ahead in March, and is taking place in China. To be shown on Eurosport.
            In Hainan.
            No wonder why the Hainan Classic did not show on the calender.

Comment

Originally Posted by FOXMULDER View Post
              Your average snooker fan can get by without watching any of those you mentioned - as I do - so long as we have the main 4 BBC tournaments.

Grand Prix, Masters, UK, World.

They should stick to this. It's their core audience in the UK.
              Except there are now only three of those on the BBC now, as the World Open (as the Grand Prix is now called) isn't being shown on the BBC.

I couldn't do without Eurosport personally. I'd be appalled at having to miss the China Open, Shanghai Masters or the Welsh Open. I love all three of those tournaments. And the Australian Open this year was amazing, with one of the best finals I've seen in a long time. German Masters was short, but good. The venue itself was almost worth watching it for.

Things like the World Cup aren't going to be for everyone, and you could be excused for not sitting in front of live streams at your computer for 14-hours a day watching PTCs. But to be honest, Eurosport does bring you such a variety, there is something for everybody there. And I'd miss the ranking events it shows, if nothing else.

Comment

Working...
              X