Power Snooker 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
    the new website is about 4 months too late as it is.
    let's hope it stays that way and disappears altogether!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Any video of the games played? I looked on youtube but found nothing but promo vids. Also, any pics of Michaela Tabb from the event? That would be a highlight! Thanks!

I just found this link:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xfg...er-final_sport

: )
      Last edited by mythman69; 15 November 2012, 12:41 AM. Reason: found video
      My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Originally Posted by ferret View Post
        The sun were giving away 500 tickets from what I was told by a Mail on Sunday journalist, I would not know, I do not read the sun, I find it hard to believe the date printed in that paper.

The part I had to laugh at most was the line of people they had to corral into a line to make it look busy on the walk outs and not one player wanted to shake hands or high five anybody.

Has everybody seen this article yet - http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...t-6265361.html
        I like this bit; "Hearn told The Sun: “Just like cricket has evolved into a new game with Twenty20, snooker is evolving into Power Snooker – but it is not attempting to take over from the traditional version."

When Power Snooker first came out they were hyping that it was going to take over from real snooker. And it was a "revolution". They got Ronnie O'Sullivan up to say he thought it was better than going to The Crucible.

Comment

• Yeah but Ronnie was given a sizeable back hander to promote it, even though he denies it we all know he got paid as nobody would brown nose so much for free.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ferret View Post
            Yeah but Ronnie was given a sizeable back hander to promote it, even though he denies it we all know he got paid as nobody would brown nose so much for free.
            Oh, I have no doubt he was paid.

Of course, I'm not sure it was quite what Hearn had in mind when he called The Crucible "boring" in a press conference.

But yeah, I don't think anybody was actually under the impression this was the future of snooker. It was publicity.

Comment

Working...
            X