No announcement yet.

Big pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is it me or did that red ricky waldren potted along the back cush hit the cushion before going in ?????

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
      is it me or did that red ricky waldren potted along the back cush hit the cushion before going in ?????
      It definitely did.
      All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

It did, thats what make people think these pockets are big. Its the cut of the cushion, its odd, id prefer to see those stay out.
        Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

Originally Posted by cazmac1 View Post
          Only about a foot before the pocket! Looked like a pot on a US pool table. Don't know how the pink before it went in either.
          Oh, and that's a bad miss.

Comment

also cushion capping widths on some old tables are a lot narrower than a pro cushion thus the front inside edge of pocketplate distance to fall on slate is less this tends to make a ball often jump ot back on to surface ,
            tables in social clubs tend to be made by lots of differant makers going back many years with no set standard shape to plates openings /falls on slate it was only in the early 80s that tables started to be standardised

Comment

i suspect the end slate has been set slightly low to end rail this was often done to make balls hold the cushion ,
              ex riley fitter who dont rate chinese table

Comment

To be honest I think if you took the pressure factor out of the game they would make a mockery of these tables. If the pockets were really tight it would make very poor viewing. Still would separate the men from the boys which at the moment it's a bit of a free for all.
                Last edited by cazmac1; 10 December 2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gb147 View Post
                  i suspect the end slate has been set slightly low to end rail this was often done to make balls hold the cushion ,
                  ex riley fitter who dont rate chinese table
                  You seem to know your stuff

Comment

Working...
                  X