Ronnie Withdraws From World Open.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie Withdraws From World Open.

Do we believe that he is ill or can he not be bothered to travel far again? Discuss.
    http://www.grovesnooker.co.uk/2012/0...ou-world-open/
    Last edited by Blanchon147; 20 February 2012, 03:58 PM.

mate, he is ill

when u saw the last tourneys u could clearly his tiredness and even then he still fought and achieved very good results

he deserves this break, and there is still another event in china which he will attend

Comment

glandular fever is a horrible virus to be suffering from too.

Plus he has his top 16 ranking heading into the worlds at Sheffield, a rest will do him good.

Comment

Probably will attend China Open and it seems to be an illness that isn't something to overlook.
        Anyway, he played in nearly back-to-back events and did his best even his game wasn't on his side, so, I don't think its about a lack of motivation this time around.

Get well soon, Ronnie (=
        All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Yeah i agree hopefully he will be well rested and play his best at the world.

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterdoctorgenius View Post
            mate, he is ill

when u saw the last tourneys u could clearly his tiredness and even then he still fought and achieved very good results

he deserves this break, and there is still another event in china which he will attend
            He is ill watching Selby play!!! I know he hate him.

Comment

Being a sufferer of glandular fever (it never leaves you!) I can tell you know it's utterly debilitating and can take months to overcome and get back to what you feel is full strength, and yes, playing or watching Selby would make me ill too.
              One day I'll make a century, I've knocked in a 51!

Comment

Get well soon Ronnie snooker needs you more than you need snooker.

Comment

i believe if he gets a medical certificate he keeps the seeded loser points is that right?
                  Goddess Of All Things Cue Sports And Winner Of The 2012 German Masters and World Open Fantasy Games and the overall 2011-12 Fantasy Game

Comment

I gotta say I also think he is Genuinely ill as you could see that in last 2 Tournys he didnt look well and especially against selby you could see it but fair play to Him he Won German Masters and enterd Welsh Open. I gotta say I dont think he was 100% going into Selby's Match as I couldnt see Selby ever beating Ronnie that easy again. I know Selby had a lot of Run of the Ball and he did say he Hates Playing Selby as Too Slow/Shot Selection etc which I Beleive some Players Lose Concentration against these Players Definately.

As already said Snooker Needs Ronnie more than Ronnie Needs Snooker! Hope you get well soon Ronnie but I dont think its a Quick Fix glandular fever as already said can take a long time which is a Pitty for Snooker.

Gaz.

Comment

Who knows?

Let's assume he is ill, and isn't lying. He's called sick so often, can you blame people for expressing doubt?

Comment

Wise decision imo. Sometimes you'll have to make choices, and in the case of your health...very important. All this with the WC in mind as well...you'll have to make some tough decisions sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                        X