Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Lovely break from Robertson to clinch the match. :smile
    eer no, don't think so, I switched off when he didn't roll through for the black.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
      eer no, don't think so, I switched off when he didn't roll through for the black.
      In that case you missed an excellent total clearance of 138. :wink:

Comment

• Can't believe people are criticising Robertson for not going for max. He was trying to win the frame he needed to get through to a ranking event final in his home tournament, knowing that if he wins it it could save the whole event, so quite a big frame!
        I know he was 5-3 up but had he lost that frame he could easily have lost the match and the chance to win his home tournament. 147s are nice but he's already made one this year and still finished up making the tournament high break so I'm sure the fans weren't too disappointed!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Where's Willie? View Post
          Can't believe people are criticising Robertson for not going for max. He was trying to win the frame he needed to get through to a ranking event final in his home tournament, knowing that if he wins it it could save the whole event, so quite a big frame!
          I know he was 5-3 up but had he lost that frame he could easily have lost the match and the chance to win his home tournament. 147s are nice but he's already made one this year and still finished up making the tournament high break so I'm sure the fans weren't too disappointed!
          100% agree

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
            In that case you missed an excellent total clearance of 138. :wink:
            Who cares?! See them all the time. He bottled the maxi

Comment

• It was a roll though for the black, they were gagging for it, four more reds and blacks the frames over. Its not like he ain't won a ranking event before.. He's in the entertainment industry, entertain!

Originally Posted by Where's Willie? View Post
              Can't believe people are criticising Robertson for not going for max. He was trying to win the frame he needed to get through to a ranking event final in his home tournament, knowing that if he wins it it could save the whole event, so quite a big frame!

Comment

• You're pretty hard to please if you're not entertained by a 138 total clearance!

Comment

• I agree. A solid 138 is an excellent frame.

The finals will be tough for both so whoever brings their
                  best game will be the winner. I do hope Robertson can
                  continue and win as it would be big for this tournament
                  and him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Where's Willie? View Post
                    You're pretty hard to please if you're not entertained by a 138 total clearance!
                    I think your missing the point.

Comment

• What your not gonna treat your countrymen to a max to go through to the final!? Cheers mate!
                      For sure if he does win it will likely be bland percentage play.. Come on Marco!!

Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
                      I agree. A solid 138 is an excellent frame.

The finals will be tough for both so whoever brings their
                      best game will be the winner. I do hope Robertson can
                      continue and win as it would be big for this tournament
                      and him.
                      Last edited by j6uk; 13 July 2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• well done Marco Fu
                        a very nice solid performance
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Classic final frame, Fu was so clever not to use the easy black at once, it came in handy right when he needed it the most. Superb way to build a break, very nice century, great play!

Comment

• Well played Marco, great performance and I'm glad he's back where he deserves!

Comment

• Fantastic, beating the world no1 and a well crafted tone to win the match. It couldn't happen to a nicer fella.

Comment

• Well played indeed, once again playing his best against the strongest opposition. :smile:

Robertson just comes up short, like O'Sullivan did in Shanghai in 2008, when he was looking to win two in a row. I have a feeling it will happen for someone soon though, now that we have so many events. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X