Australian goldfields snooker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian goldfields snooker

i think the tournament needs to be moved closer to the cbd district closer to public transport in melbourne. bendigo is long way from cbd area. or move it to sydney the sydney convention and exhibition centre would be great place near darling harbour. anyone agree

How can you get either Sydney or Melbourne to put up more money when only seven of the top sixteen are playing. I'm including Ding with his passport problems, but he could be the most important because of Chinese TV revenue. Besides the low prize money, I understand another problem is the Australian Tax Department withhold fifty percent for a year.

Comment

Originally Posted by pearce View Post
      How can you get either Sydney or Melbourne to put up more money when only seven of the top sixteen are playing. I'm including Ding with his passport problems, but he could be the most important because of Chinese TV revenue. Besides the low prize money, I understand another problem is the Australian Tax Department withhold fifty percent for a year.
      I am sure both Sydney or Melbourne would be a great venue to host the event next year. I agree that more top class players would be good to see, but I think the real issue is a lack of publicity for snooker in Australia. We have the current world number 1 but I am still to see any coverage of the event in the main press. I don't think it would matter much if all the top 16 were here. I spoke to a lot of people last year in Bendigo and most of them didn't even know it was on. One cab driver knew it was on but said to me he didn't want to watch people play pool. I know that all the players in our snooker club in Sydney would come along but only I could go to Bendigo to watch. I think the TV viewings in China are important rather than the number of spectators. I just know it is important for Australian snooker to host the event moving forward.

Just my 5 cents worth. Don't tell the ATO (they will want their slice of my 5 cents).

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
      I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

mythman69, you enjoying the tournament? You are there are you not? see note below
        This is the last year of this contract is it not? Any news yet on any other Aussie tournament for next year?

I think I have just seen you in the crowd, it is you with the white walrus moustache
        Last edited by DeanH; 10 July 2013, 10:03 AM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          mythman69, you enjoying the tournament? You are there are you not?
          This is the last year of this contract is it not? Any news yet on any other Aussie tournament for next year?
          I am flying to Melbourne 6am tomorrow . . . then almost 2 hours on train to get to Bendigo.

So I will only see the last 4 days of the tournament. Snooker heaven in my opinion!!

Yes, this is the last year of a 3 year contact for Bendigo. I have not heard anything about next year but will speak to some people about it when I get there. Robby Foldvari may know more. I will let you all know if I find out anything. Ferret may know more maybe.
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

just my view but i think it should of been held at the sydney convention and exhibition centre right in sydney cbd.

Comment

Working...
            X