X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great win for Selby, what a player, never gives up. tenacious or what

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
      I'm glad that the error by the ref in the decider, calling a foul on Selby for hitting the black when he clearly hit red first, didn't affect the final outcome ...

Well played Mark Selby ... a very enjoyable match ...
      I agree. I sat there and everyone saw it. We expected that Mark would say something. But he did not! !!!! Everyone was surprised

Comment

• Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
        I'm glad that the error by the ref in the decider, calling a foul on Selby for hitting the black when he clearly hit red first, didn't affect the final outcome ...

Well played Mark Selby ... a very enjoyable match ...
        I never noticed that, and with no commentary no one to highlight it to me, if it was obvious why didn't the Jester say anything ???

Comment

• It was hard to see. I saw it and so many others of crowd. But we were not sure. After the mach, we went to see Rudy Bauwens (he gave the report on the mach on Eurosport and he had a good position to see the mach).
          He said it was not a foul and bad call from Ref.
          But you never know. I think you can see These things mach better on TV with so many cameras !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• It was very close to call in real-time but with slo-mo on the Sky+ you can see a red being hit first, the red hit was the second ball up from the black.
            Tough call and an unfortunate situation but as mentioned before it did not change the mode of play at all.
            As for Mark not querying the decision, 1) he was not too sure himself, either way; or 2) The referee's decision is final
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
              great win for Selby, what a player, never gives up. tenacious or what
              He is just such a grinder, you really have to tip your hat to that. Amazing player and seems like a genuinely good guy
              Shreddin' balls :livid:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                It was very close to call in real-time but with slo-mo on the Sky+ you can see a red being hit first, the red hit was the second ball up from the black.
                Tough call and an unfortunate situation but as mentioned before it did not change the mode of play at all.
                As for Mark not querying the decision, 1) he was not too sure himself, either way; or 2) The referee's decision is final
                as I watched it live, I thought the reds moved in the pack but wasn't 100% sure ... the slo-mo replay did prove he had, it wasn't debatable, the red Selby caught with the finest of cuts cannoned into the red next to it which clearly moved 1/2 inch or so ...

you'd need to ask Selby whether he saw it, he was cueing from near the green pocket so a long way away ...but whether he did or did not, he didn't argue and I've seen him show such exemplary conduct in the past (ie not querying the ref's decision) ...

it only cost him the seven foul points ... he left Ronnie in but, of course, he'd have done that whether a foul was called on the shot or not ...

I was watching the sportlemon feed of liveworldsnooker without commentary so I've got no idea what the Eurosport commentators made of it ...

but a job well done, I commend Selby for not querying the ref's decision and congratulate him on his victory ...

Comment

• Ron mun for gawd sake ya just can't take the pressure from mark the shark can ya......

Started well and mark just ground it out as usual, great match player but not happy when he beats ron...

Nice sideburns too ron.....

Comment

• Well done Mark. Another quality win.

Comment

Working...
                    X