2014 World Championship - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Why is coverage being so neglected this year?? It's just ended on the red button to make way for some race or other, so I turned to Eurosport and there's no coverage on their channels, either!

During the Welsh Open there were some really encouraging signs from BBC Wales - on at least two occasions they cancelled programs to stay with the snooker, but then it comes to the big one and we get this! The mind boggles.

How is it, that during Wimbledon fortnight, the BBC can afford to run separate feeds for all 123 courts, but then for the snooker, funds are suddenly so tight that they can only run to one feed for a couple of hours at a time?
    Overall I can't really fault the BBC coverage - at home I watch either BBC2 or Red Button for one match and the BBC website link for the other one.

As you're in the UK, surely you can do the same as myself??

Comment

• Did anyone see Dale play on when there was only pink and black on the table. LOL.

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
        I take it you've had a few quid on Day? Lol.
        not really ... the odds are so ridiculously bad that i dun see a point risking any money

Comment

• yes... Willie Thorne said something bout it being un-sporting?? Seems a daft comment from WT, as Dale is a great sportsman and a gentleman of the game..

Comment

• Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            Its a trev white cue with a badge Dom designed himself.
            managed to capture this, looks like a stylised DD under a crown and above something - maybe a year
            after seeing this I have a vague recall of seeing this badge clearly on a post somewhere...

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerpoolman View Post
              yes... Willie Thorne said something bout it being un-sporting?? Seems a daft comment from WT, as Dale is a great sportsman and a gentleman of the game..
              I think he was teaching Wasley a lesson as Wasley had started to walk out of the arena after he thought he'd won that frame.

9 - 2 to Dom now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                managed to capture this, looks like a stylised DD under a crown and above something - maybe a year
                after seeing this I have a vague recall of seeing this badge clearly on a post somewhere...

Hells bells...... Those are certainly a pair of shoes, somebody phone the fashion police!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  I think he was teaching Wasley a lesson as Wasley had started to walk out of the arena after he thought he'd won that frame.

9 - 2 to Dom now.
                  Aah...now i understand - cheers for the clarification.

Dom is great to watch. He played superb last year against Trump, I was at that match and it was quality - and this year V Mark Davis was good standard again. What I like about Dale is he just get's on with it, he loves snooker and plays to a very high standard. A fine break-builder and with a decent safety game.

Come on Dom!

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                    i saw when dale was playing the exhibition stuff last night to go 7-1 and wasley was walking and put the black over the hole, is this the controversy?

Comment

Aah...now i understand - cheers for the clarification.

Dom is great to watch. He played superb last year against Trump, I was at that match and it was quality - and this year V Mark Davis was good standard again. What I like about Dale is he just get's on with it, he loves snooker and plays to a very high standard. A fine break-builder and with a decent safety game.

Come on Dom!
                      Yes. When you see Dom playing well you wonder why he isn't in the top 16.

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                        Hells bells...... Those are certainly a pair of shoes, somebody phone the fashion police!!
                        Dom said in an interview that they were from Cardiff (?) and were £165, so only a bit cheaper than Judd's atrocities

Comment

• What is it with snooker players and downright ugly designer shoes? That's the third pair this week!

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                            i saw when dale was playing the exhibition stuff last night to go 7-1 and wasley was walking and put the black over the hole, is this the controversy?
                            No, it was at end of a frame earlier with just pink and black on table - Dom was 25 behind and tried for a snooker.. No controversy really.

Yes I hope Dom fares well under the new ranking / prize money list system. He plays such good attractive snooker. I imagine with him winning the Shoot-out, that he'll get an invite to Champion of Champions??

Comment

• Still no snooker on Eurosport.

Comment

No, it was at end of a frame earlier with just pink and black on table - Dom was 25 behind and tried for a snooker.. No controversy really.
                                Wasley was waving his arm in the air as he had eventually gotten the second frame and was walking out the auditorium, the frame had not finished, and Dom was well in his rights to continue, and I don't think WT should have said what he said about Dom being "unsportsman" (?).
                                Wasley should not have "assumed" the frame was over, until the ref says so.
                                excitement I am sure
                                I hope Wasley starts playing in the way we have seen him recently...

Comment

Working...
                                X