No announcement yet.

2014 World Championship - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprisingly strong performance from Burnett, a couple of good breaks in the last few frames. Tomorrow is another day of course, but at this point he looks much the stronger player of the two. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
      Surprisingly strong performance from Burnett, a couple of good breaks in the last few frames. Tomorrow is another day of course, but at this point he looks much the stronger player of the two. :smile:
      On his day. He's a very strong match player and a great break builder. A seasoned campaigner. I'm not surprised he is beating a poorly playing Perry.

Comment

• Bingham has had a decent season however he was way off
        today and its nice to see Doherty win a match altho I did
        expect Bingham to have an easy win.
        Not real interested in Burnett and Perry match.

Comment

• Wazza looks a decent player from what i've seen so far, first time i've seen him play.
          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Looks like Wasley has a bit of tape around his cue butt?

Comment

• During one of this season's BBC tournies, Barry Hearn said in an interview with Hazel that they had something a 'bit special' lined up for the opening of this year's WC. He kept the details to himself and I haven't heard any more since.

Unfortunately I managed to miss the opening show yesterday and am wondering if anything different happened or if anyone knows what he was talking about.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                Wazza looks a decent player from what i've seen so far, first time i've seen him play.
                The same as..... He's definitely got an air of confidence about him!!
                Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  During one of this season's BBC tournies, Barry Hearn said in an interview with Hazel that they had something a 'bit special' lined up for the opening of this year's WC. He kept the details to himself and I haven't heard any more since.

Unfortunately I managed to miss the opening show yesterday and am wondering if anything different happened or if anyone knows what he was talking about.
                  No. I've not heard of anything.

Comment

• Steve Davis has accused the pockets of being buckets. He said they are too generous for a World Championship.

Any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                      Steve Davis has accused the pockets of being buckets. He said they are too generous for a World Championship.

Any thoughts?
                      Yeah heard that early at the end of Doherty's match.....

I must admit I didn't think that last red along the cushion didn't look in all day long!!
                      Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                      Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Can't believe that red went in from Ken.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                          Steve Davis has accused the pockets of being buckets. He said they are too generous for a World Championship.

Any thoughts?

I don't know how it went in either.
                          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                            Yeah heard that early at the end of Doherty's match.....

I must admit I didn't think that last red along the cushion didn't look in all day long!!
                            Yes. For sure that would not have dropped on the tables that I used in my local Miners Club. If you hit that near cushion it's guaranteed not to drop.

Comment

• At least it wobbled a bit, there have been some tables over the last couple of seasons where a red like that would have gone in easily.

I just don't expect any consistency with the tables anymore. They vary dramatically from tournament to tournament, and sometimes even from one day to another. I thought the TV table in the Welsh Open was the best this year. No nonsense all week. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by coomsey76 View Post
                                The same as..... He's definitely got an air of confidence about him!!
                                Would be interesting to see how Ding reacts if Waslety managed to get a couple of frames in front, his temperament is much better these days, but there is that little extra added pressure when playing someone you're expected to beat quite comfortably.

Mind you, I like to see a good underdog run, but being that Ding and Murphy are the only 2 players in that half of the draw who have a 'realistic' chance of beating ROS, I don't really want to see him beaten just yet.

It's quite amazing really, Ronnie's half:

Hull, Perry, Murphy, Burnett, Cope, Fu, Gould, Hawkins, Gilbert, Walden, Wilson, Davis, Dale. Ding, Wasley.

The other Half:

Selby, White, Carter, Goudong, Higgins, McManus, Bingham, Doherty, Trump, Ford, Maguire, Day, Allen, Holt,
                                Robertson, Williams.

I know which half I'd prefer. Ah well, they say you need a bit of luck to win these things so....

-
                                Last edited by PatBlock; 20 April 2014, 03:39 PM.
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X