No announcement yet.

Wuxi Classic - June 23 - 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, not the best quality match, but it got pretty tense in the end. I like really both of them and hope to see Joe get his first major title soon. Congratulations Neil.

Comment

• Absolutely gutted for Joe, I would've wanted him to get that one.

Dramatic match.

Comment

• They saved their best for last, great stuff in the last three frames.

I enjoyed this tournament, I think it was a surprisingly good start to the season, with some close and high-quality matches, even if the final weekend did disappoint a bit. The crowd was also very disappointing, I think it's pointless to play snooker in Wuxi in the future, if the people are not interested in seeing it. :frown:

And just another thought... I think this tournament showed what a big gap the "big4" have now opened up over the rest of the tour, because Robertson was playing nowhere near his best, but he still took the title. His final two opponents probably played their worst snooker of the week against him, and Murphy of course completely bottled it when he had the match won. But credit to Robertson to have got himself to the level where he can take titles without doing much. He is the only one of the big4 to play in Australia, so he surely must be a big favourite there. And it starts in a couple of hours, amazingly... :smile:

Comment

• Yep - well done Neil - heading to Bendigo now
          My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
          I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

• Great final. I've spent the afternoon drinking a six-pack and watching the final.

Gutted for Perry, as was Neil. Sportsmanship like that is good to see. Suarez could learn plenty from watching matches such as this.

Comment

• I had to pop out so missed the conclusion of this match, the good thing is that having tried to record the Ronnie show it caught the end of this match from 9-8 onwards, i feel so sorry for Joe, he didn't look happy (possibly crowd movement) i know he is getting on a bit but if he keeps playing like that he will surely win a title, taking a class player like Robbo to a decider in a best of 19 shows how good he is, also how well he played against Ronnie at the Crucible shows he's doing something right, his time will come i'm sure.
              After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

• I haven't had a chance to watch this match. Spending time with the family today. Looking forward to catching up but gutted that Joe came so close.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                  I haven't had a chance to watch this match. Spending time with the family today. Looking forward to catching up but gutted that Joe came so close.
                  Its a bit of a slow burner mate..... I really enjoyed it, just a shame Joe couldn't make it count!!
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                    Gutted for Perry, as was Neil. Sportsmanship like that is good to see. Suarez could learn plenty from watching matches such as this
                    Indeed, never seen an aftermath of a final like this before.

"Joe is one of my best friends on tour and if it wasn't for him I wouldn't be here today," said Robertson. "He has taught me so much about the game and been such a great influence on my career over the past ten years [...] At the end I was really emotional. Maybe people thought it was because I'd won, but in fact it was for Joe as he was there at the start of my career (Source: http://www.worldsnooker.com/page/New...204168,00.html).

Great guys they both are:applause: Wish them well in Bendigo...
                    Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Working...
                    X