No announcement yet.

International Championship Chengdu China Oct 26 to Nov 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A good morning of snooker so far. :smile: Neil Robertson had to play pretty well to come through. He was put under pressure early on by Selt, but then made a crucial clearance to win a frame on the black, I think to go 3-2 up. Another key point was a few frames later, when Selt had a similar chance to clear up, after Robertson had broken down on 70, but Selt missed the final pink and Robertson won the match in the next frame. Surprisingly strong performances from the underdogs so far. :smile:

Fu was in a bit of trouble as well against Liam Highfield, but Highfield started making mistakes when the pressure was on, and Fu won 6-4 in the end. The draw would have really opened up in that quarter with Fu gone, but now he remains a strong favourite come through.

Meanwhile another good win for Zhao Xintong, 6-3 over Kurt Maflin, so it's Zhao against Li Hang in the last32, winner to possibly play O'Sullivan. Zhou Yuelong won as well, 6-1 over Chris Melling. As I said earlier, Melling has now lost to all three great Chinese prospects of this generation this season, 5-1 to Lyu Haotian and Zhao Xintong, and now 6-1 to Zhou. :wink:

Another defeat for Stephen Maguire as well, 6-5 against Noppon Saengkham. It's amazing, Maguire had seven breaks over 50 in that match, but it was still only enough to win him five frames. Knowing Maguire, he will be pretty annoyed. :smile:

Trump against Jimmy Robertson 2-2 at the interval, as is the other televised match, but unfortunately I have to leave before they conclude, so will have to catch up tonight. :smile:

Comment

Trump was fortunate to take the decider in a
      very tense and close frame. J Robertson seemed
      to have the balls going his way today but Trump
      made some tough pots and safeties to win it.

Comment

He got a much more strong heart than J.Robertson.
        Jimmy missed an easy pink which is unacceptable despite hugh pressure.
        It's glad to see Jimmy's fine snooker attempt as well.

Comment

Another snooker event on Eurosport that is not watchable, any other sport they show the picture and sound is perfect, but every snooker event is impossible to see or hear, not sure why this keeps happening? :miserable:
          After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Since i posted the picture is perfect, hope it stays like that.

Comment

Robertson against Swail, it is just a poor match .... no fluency from any of them, just struggling there, I hope next matches will be of better quality.

Comment

Robertson loses the decider to Swail.
                Murphy, Perry and Hawkins out too.
                Next series of matches look interesting.

Comment

this *******. much money I have never lost. it is a shame for the top

Comment

What a treat so far....3 centuries for Ronnie!

Comment

What a snooker Judd has just escaped from! Tremendous shot!

Comment

Trump down 4-2 vs Burnett. Hard to believe.
                        Burnett moves/shakes with each shot.

Comment

Watched the trump match, the crowd(if you could call it that) was very very disappointing .
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Watched the trump match, the crowd(if you could call it that) was very very disappointing .
                            In what sense? Phones and cameras going off or no one in attendance?

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
                              In what sense? Phones and cameras going off or no one in attendance?
                              I think he means disappointed.

Comment

No i think he meant they were pretty much non existent, and they clap at all the wrong things, move in players eye lines without a thought and to think the future of snooker could be in the far east...

Comment

Working...
                                X