• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen 5-3 after both players could have
    won the last frame. Some good and fast
    snooker for sure.

Comment

That's all we get this morning, a little more than two frames? Eurosport missed the first five, which were supposedly brilliant, and now that coverage has ended earlier than expected they are showing a repeat of Milkins-Walden. Why not show the first part of this morning's session instead?

Comment

Originally Posted by rich45 View Post
        Wow those people taking photos of each other on the front row, even while players are on the shot? Unbelievable.

Close game so far, hoping for a final frame decider this evening and Williams to pinch it.
        They should of been thrown out

Comment

Allen ahead 6-3 so Williams has to get his
          game going soon. You cant miss easy shots
          at this stage of the game.
          The crowd does appear to be distracting at
          times which isnt acceptable.

Comment

Williams is just incredible when he plays like this, the most exciting player to watch .... I just hope he will win all the tournaments now!

Comment

Totally agree, Williams in this form is even better to watch than O'Sullivan in full flow. In fact few things captivate me more in the modern game. Had almost forgotten how good he can be though until this performance. C'mon Mark, u deserve to at the Champion of Champions.

Comment

...and just as I'm building him up he makes one of the worst errors you'll ever see. Still, one of the best matches I've watched in a long time & looking good to go to a decider now.

Comment

Any half decent club player would know that the right shot there was to lay a proper snooker on the last red instead of trying a very tough red to leave a still toughish black. MJW just gave this away probably due to the scars of the past 3 deciders he f****d up. MJW lost this match purely on mental side .. played pretty well in the second session otherwise ... am gutted coz am a long time fan of him but I wish I could get him some brain cells from somewhere ... first he loses a frame already won to go 8-7 down and then gets chance after chance in the decider and could not put it to bed

Needless to mention that I lost the 100 DKK I had on MJW to win this one .. just could not resist the decent odds

Comment

What an entertaining match. Just a few balls here and there that could have changed the outcome but well done to Allen for winning it. I hope Williams can sustain the form he's shown for a few more years.

Comment

Originally Posted by brusque View Post
                      MJW just gave this away probably due to the scars of the past 3 deciders he f****d up. MJW lost this match purely on mental side .. played pretty well in the second session otherwise ... am gutted coz am a long time fan of him but I wish I could get him some brain cells from somewhere ... first he loses a frame already won to go 8-7 down and then gets chance after chance in the decider and could not put it to bed
                      He's also won alot of deciders since then including the one against Ronnie. It's easy to bring up those disappointments whenever he makes a mistake but it's baseless really.
                      Last edited by Dr_Doctor; 1 November 2014, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Well, that was great stuff. It will stand as one of the best matches of the season, no doubt about that. It also showed for the millionth time that snooker played over multiple sessions is the best format, even if it's not the final. :smile:

Allen played very well for most of the match. That long pink, followed by the double on the black, both great shots under pressure. And that red to the middle in the decider was even better. He is obviously playing well enough to win this title, but so is Ricky Walden... :wink:

Comment

Williams played well enuff to win however Allen
                          also played well and its nice to watch offensive
                          minded players.
                          Walden and Allen should be exciting as well.
                          Hopefully Williams can continue this season
                          with some great snooker.

Comment

Damn I was so sure MJW was gonna win that game, was gutted that he tripped up at the last couple of hurdles.

Still a great match nonetheless, and I'm rooting for Allen in the final.

Comment

Part of me si dead sure Allen is gonna walk away with the final without breaking sweat but I have seen enough of Walden over the years that every once in a whiel he produces the kind of quality that is hard to beat by anyone no matter how well they are playing. Could turn out to be an excellent match

Comment

International Championship Chengdu China Oct 26 to Nov 2

I just hope Ricky doesn't bottle it as he has done in finals( granted mainly quarter/semi finals) in the past, the fact Mark and him are good mates who play a lot of golf together will hopefully relax him... but I still want to pistol to win, he's the better player but I want another high class match!
                                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Working...
                                X