TV coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Any idea why ? just annoyed with himself, or something else ??
    Just really annoyed with how he was playing.

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
      Just really annoyed with how he was playing.
      He wants to try playing like me for an hour
      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

It was good to see snooker on ITV again, I thought they done a great job and the only thing I didn't like was everybody cheering and clapping when MJA was announcing!
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I thought the wider range of camera angles looked great - the producers mixed these very well and the commentary more informed and refreshing - better than how the BBC do it all in all - surprisingly! I agree with what the other poster said would be great if you had a choice in these viewing angles like f1.

Commentary could still be improved though - someone with a richer voice who could build tension and express the emotion of the situation - rather than just describe the shots required.

Comment

The one thing I dislike is the endless commercial break, particularly between the end of the final and the presentation.

As a spectator on Sunday night, it was excruciating and it must have been even worse for the players! The presentation party was applauded onto the stage during the commercial, and then silence ... minutes of it ... before the ad break finally finished and they were applauded on the stage again for telly.

Surely, a slightly shorter commercial break at that particular moment would have been ok. It was completely unnecessary. Just as last year, the continuity of atmosphere was lost a bit, though not as much as last year - fortunately it didn't matter too much as it was such a good final, but a poorer match and it might have been worse than it was.

(I appreciate the need for commercials on ITV and I am not particularly bothered by the ones between frames!)

Comment

I think the ads are a very important thing, snooker will struggle to get mainstream coverage without companies wanting to advertise whilst it's on.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kieran m View Post
                I think the ads are a very important thing, snooker will struggle to get mainstream coverage without companies wanting to advertise whilst it's on.
                Yes I agree, and it's not a problem between frames, it means a slight delay but so be it.

But between the end of the match and the presentation it was a very long ad break and surely over the top. Just a couple of ads would have been fine.

Comment

Did ITV play the entire final. Fox Sports started when the frames were 6/3 ?

I missed the first nine frames of must be described as one of the best finals ever played, not a happy chappy.

Comment

I agree with the final ad break being far too long and they just missed the money shot of Ronnie doing his first fist bump but bar those two things I enjoyed the camera work. I think some of the interviews were a bit strained/forced and sometimes the flow between the presenters fell a bit short but as they only do this one show a year I can see why.

I would like to see a real change of camera work and have a table sideways for the main shot for a tournament sometime, it seems like there was a lot of floor space on show last week which could be removed if the table was shown sideways. Snookers layout hasn't changed since 4x3 tv sets but in the modern widescreen age why not adjust to suit a 16x9 set. Or some other camera feeds online like the overhead camera for example.

Comment

I enjoy the ITV 4 coverage. I got the week off in March when they televise the WGP. I'll get some tinnies and some snacks in.

Comment

I really enjoyed it, was happy to view because my world snooker channel did not have it.!!! Made me wonder if I need it, if Itv4 is going to cover more tournies then World Snooker
                        I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

HI Watched the Final on the Internet via Itv 4 Coverage the final was great and i like the comments made by Neil Foulds Clive Everton and also Mcmanus hope they show more on iTV 4 Television

Comment

So is the BBC showing coverage of the UK Champs from saturday?

Comment

here is the published TV coverage for the BBC
                              http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/27069001

as before a bit all over the place with channel changes, but at least they still are covering the event

it seems that BBC and Eurosport both only show from Saturday, so the first rounds are probably on WS and other streaming sites
                              Last edited by DeanH; 24 November 2014, 12:42 PM.
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X