UK Championship 25/11 - 7/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
    Trump/Ding - I predict these 2 players will take over from ROS when he wants them to. Ding is the better breakbuilder and plays the more sensible game at present but this is down to experience Judd is the most frightening prospect of an oponent when in top gear though unbelievable cueist.
    If Trump can continue to improve his technique to the point where he still manages to knock most long pots in using his B game then he'll dominate the game for years. I do agree that he unbelievable cueist. I've never seen anyone hit a ball so hard with such accuracy. It's frightening.

If you are not a Trump fan then the next 15 years of snooker isn't going to be great for you.

Comment

Robertson - is solid and will continue to win events however struggles againt ROS and not sure he could have done what Judd did last night.
      Maybe a bit harsh on Robertson... O'Sullivan won both of their WC matches 13-10, which is a fairly close scoreline. They haven't met all that much in the one-session matches of major tournaments, but their record is 3-3. Interestingly, Robertson has always gone on to win the tournament in which he had beaten O'Sullivan. :smile:

Comment

• [QUOTE=Odrl;811328]Maybe a bit harsh on Robertson... O'Sullivan won both of their WC matches 13-10, which is a fairly close scoreline. They haven't met all that much in the one-session matches of major tournaments, but their record is 3-3. Interestingly, Robertson has always gone on to win the tournament in which he had beaten O'Sullivan. :smile:[/QUOTE

Not sure it was harsh i've said Robertson will continue to win tournaments. For me though not sure he will improve anymore and feel he is probably at his peak where Ding and Judd have another gear in them which will put the distance between them and the rest of the field. That is of course when ROS has enough. ROS really is so much better at making a good 60 where the rest would get 20-40.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
          A big thanks to O'Sullivan for getting me lots of points in the fantasy game, the title and a maximum as well, can't ask for more than that. :smile:
          Darn Ronnie, he saved your fantasy team by himself!

As far as the tournament goes I'm very glad I went to see three sessions live - got to see 2 deciders, some centuries and even Ronnies maximum! Pretty awesome for a first time out .

Comment

• Originally Posted by _royle View Post
            Darn Ronnie, he saved your fantasy team by himself!

As far as the tournament goes I'm very glad I went to see three sessions live - got to see 2 deciders, some centuries and even Ronnies maximum! Pretty awesome for a first time out .
            I'm glad you had fun, and also happy to see that your confidence in your team was misplaced. :tongue:

Comment

• i missed the first event so been playing catch up in fantasy league but catching i am

Comment

• The two of you with Gaz are getting dangerously close to my 2nd place overall... I can't afford to slip up in the masters!

Comment

• Forgive me if this link has been shown before, but the 147

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsBSdqgFmBk

It wasn´t his best 147, but I like watching a 147 like this one very much, as he´s a bit out of position much of the time and still manages to get the break going and get back on track again.
                  ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                  "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                    There were signs that maybe Ronnie is starting to lose a bit of consistency in his matches which doesn't bode well for the future, his long potting was erratic one minute sublime the next, he could have easily lost to Bingham and Trump, still great to watch as even his "c" game is exceptional, Trump had a big chance to show everyone he could be on par with the game's great but he had already accepted defeat before the match had even started...
                    quite the contradictory post there "Ronnie is starting to lose a bit of consistency in his matches which doesn't bode well for the future" "even his "c" game is exceptional". If you can win one of the biggest events in the calender playing your "C" game I would say your future is pretty bright. Lets not forget his foot would have still been giving him a bit of pain. He is the best by a mile has the most bottle as well as talent.
                    Let's be honest here he doesn't have many years left as the best player on the circuit... yes he's still gonna win events but if he plays inconsistent he's gonna get beat more often than he has the last couple of years! I like him but I don't have rose tinters on....
                    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

• Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                      Let's be honest here he doesn't have many years left as the best player on the circuit... yes he's still gonna win events but if he plays inconsistent he's gonna get beat more often than he has the last couple of years! I like him but I don't have rose tinters on....

the same was said about phil taylor a few years back but he is still winning big ones. it wont last forever but ronnie will play as long as he thinks he compete and wont take the hendry, davis or higgins route. ronnie is a one-off and in my lifetime there wont be such a player

Comment

Working...
                      X