'LOL'.. Bless Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'LOL'.. Bless Trump

Does anyone believe Judd even has a chance this evening? Yes u have to be in it blah, but I don't personally consider running out of position time after time or missing that red 3 times 'unlucky'.. add the fact that he's in awe of his hero & even 'scared' 2 put On-Fire away.. waiting on the 'school fees' victory speach.. he needs snooker & snooker needs him!

Ronnie doesn't do the wind-up merchant bit these days, he tends to be gracious in victory or defeat, simply says he's delighted to still compete etc.

Trump always has a chance because Ronnie may start missing the long ones and Trump can pot balls from virtually anywhere on the table.

Comment

Yeah Ronnie has matured a lot.. focus seems to b on peters instead of proud of his achievements.. most naturally gifted player that will ever grace our screens.. any sports psycho would have helped..

Realistic chance.. not in my opinion, however I did elude to the fact while he's in it he has a chance..

Ronnies not playing near his best.. but he's potting enough long balls to ensure single ball potting with no position won't cut it.. imo

Comment

He's already been to other sports psychiatrists in the past and we saw how little impact they had. Ray Reardon aside, Peters is the only person who's ever managed to stabilise Ronnie's moods and even Reardon couldn't keep him focused 100% of the time.

I don't know what Steve Peters actually does, but in Ronnie's case it's like a personality transplant.

Comment

Personally i would give Ronnie a lil more credit, again given he has matured and can look back and reflect.. he may not be the sharpest nife in the drawer.. but he did achieve rather a lot before peters.. further, i'm not confident that personal achievements qualify you to teach in a case like ronnie's as it was only mental

Comment

Originally Posted by OverChalked View Post
            Personally i would give Ronnie a lil more credit, again given he has matured and can look back and reflect.. he may not be the sharpest nife in the drawer.. but he did achieve rather a lot before peters.. further, i'm not confident that personal achievements qualify you to teach in a case like ronnie's as it was only mental
            It's impossible to not give credit to ronnie where it's due,and I find most people who refuse to are normally those who like to stand out more then others just to be different.

Comment

He achieved an amazing amount before Peters, but equally he was looking like he was on implosion course - talking about retiring constantly, behaving erratically, petulant interviews etc. He has a new maturity about him since he started working with Peters - didn't have it before.

I'm fairly sure Dr Peters has said himself that he's merely a facilitator - he teaches people coping strategies and gives them the tools to get over their mental obstacles. Given Ronnie's gone from "I want to quit tomorrow, I don't enjoy playing, I played terrible, I've been rubbish since I turned 18" to "I'd like to go for Hendry's records, I love playing, it's nice to just compete, I'm playing really well" I don't think that's just a coincidence.

Comment

Trump is more than capable of coming out tonight buns blazing and rattle off a quick succession of frames to turn the pressure around

Comment

Trump has a great chance. For all this 'Ronnie didn't play well' talk, well Trump didn't play well either. In fact he was much worse and is still only 5-3 behind.
                  This was basically C game vs C game, and if we're to look at both their forms this week, Trump is the more likely to reach a higher level.

Comment

Yup gav although peters is hardly a retard, calling himself a facilitator seems modest and he doesn't need to say more while ronnie is hero worshipping him..

And agree jrc but a couple of frames is not gonna cut it and pressure and trump?

Comment

Ronnies tip.. nah trump is healthy, in form and practised hard.. this for now is his A game in this circumstance against this opponent.. if he did go ahead he will crumble before the line :-)

Comment

He's turned into a Stepford Wife
                        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Lmao it's like he's in a trance, peters clicking his fingers and ronnie takes his clothes off and bending over the table

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                            Trump is more than capable of coming out tonight buns blazing and rattle off a quick succession of frames to turn the pressure around
                            Buns blazing? Surely that means you've cooked them for too long.

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                              Trump ... buns ...
                              ... ronnie takes his clothes off and bending over the table
                              calm down guys
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X