Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on Murphy.

Comment

• yeah but if the hotel was full and our lad offered you a room share you'd have to have a wee think
      Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
      Only a wee joke i like that ref. He is no a grumpy faced wee onion like the most of the other ones.

Comment

• murphy the best rest player ever

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          yeah but if the hotel was full and our lad offered you a room share you'd have to have a wee think
          You better believe i would as he would keep the room spotless, He would have all the good aftershaves and possibly have his own iron with him so i would have a think about it

Comment

• no doubt hed lift and press your shirt by the morning
            Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
            You better believe i would as he would keep the room spotless, He would have all the good aftershaves and possibly have his own iron with him so i would have a think about it

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              no doubt hed lift and press your shirt by the morning
              It's getting the gloves on and cleaning the balls part i would be worrying about.

Comment

• Well played. For me this was perhaps the best final of the season, both players performed really strongly. Congratulations Mark and well done Shaun!

Comment

• thoroughly enjoyable final, and tournament as a whole
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• again a joyful tournament in Berlin! :snooker:

I´m really pleased!
                    mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

• Well done Selby. I thought Eurosports coverage was excellent this week. Will they have a studio format for other tournaments?

Comment

• I'm going to go over for that tournament next year. Fantastic

Comment

• I really thought Shaun was going to take this one. OK, I expected a reaction from Mark and a fairly close finish, but Shaun's been so strong recently. Selby did it again though, matching Murphy's extreme potting with some of his own, and that mixed in with the granite was just too much for the Murph.

Great tournament with a great final, can't ask for more than that.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I've just finished watching it, and I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. I'm a little surprised there was so little discussion on here in the mean time, I expected to find 10 pages waiting for me. :smile:

Both players missed a few tonight, so the final could have been a little better in that respect, but what really makes for great entertainment is when the tension goes through the roof, and I think it did tonight. In the first frame Murphy went for that long red, slamming into the pack with no intention of avoiding it, and I thought it would be his night. But that little kick and Selby's clearance kind of set the tone for the rest of the evening. Selby won seven of the last nine frames, and you can't really argue with that. He just gets stronger and stronger the closer we get to midnight. He showed this week that he is still very much around as a major contender, and he will surely go into the World Championship as one of the big favourites, whatever happens over the next two months. Credit to Murphy as well, he was still going for his shots right until the end, but this time he missed a few at the wrong time. :smile:

We saw some great snooker these past five days, and the tournament really had a great feel about it. I still think it's not ideal though. There was so much great snooker missed, partly because so many matches are played simultaneously, which is particularly noticeable in the quarter-finals, and partly because only one table is televised, which is not really acceptable in a major ranking event. I'm glad that so many people enjoyed the coverage on British Eurosport, but I have to say their coverage on the continent was disgraceful. Today they didn't show a minute of the afternoon session live, showing a repeat of a youth hockey game instead, and tonight after Selby won they cut to commercials in the middle of David Hendon's sentence, never to return. I had to find a clip on youtube to see what Murphy and Selby had to say. Also, they showed us two 5-0 matches during the week, and ended coverage instead of showing a picture of another table, which would have been quite easy to do. I think these problems have been here right from the introduction of this tournament in 2011, and I fear now that they are here to stay. But at least the great snooker compensates a little. :smile:

Looking forward to the Welsh Open now. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              I've just finished watching it, and I have to say I enjoyed it immensely. I'm a little surprised there was so little discussion on here in the mean time, I expected to find 10 pages waiting for me. :smile:

Both players missed a few tonight, so the final could have been a little better in that respect, but what really makes for great entertainment is when the tension goes through the roof, and I think it did tonight. In the first frame Murphy went for that long red, slamming into the pack with no intention of avoiding it, and I thought it would be his night. But that little kick and Selby's clearance kind of set the tone for the rest of the evening. Selby won seven of the last nine frames, and you can't really argue with that. He just gets stronger and stronger the closer we get to midnight. He showed this week that he is still very much around as a major contender, and he will surely go into the World Championship as one of the big favourites, whatever happens over the next two months. Credit to Murphy as well, he was still going for his shots right until the end, but this time he missed a few at the wrong time. :smile:

We saw some great snooker these past five days, and the tournament really had a great feel about it. I still think it's not ideal though. There was so much great snooker missed, partly because so many matches are played simultaneously, which is particularly noticeable in the quarter-finals, and partly because only one table is televised, which is not really acceptable in a major ranking event. I'm glad that so many people enjoyed the coverage on British Eurosport, but I have to say their coverage on the continent was disgraceful. Today they didn't show a minute of the afternoon session live, showing a repeat of a youth hockey game instead, and tonight after Selby won they cut to commercials in the middle of David Hendon's sentence, never to return. I had to find a clip on youtube to see what Murphy and Selby had to say. Also, they showed us two 5-0 matches during the week, and ended coverage instead of showing a picture of another table, which would have been quite easy to do. I think these problems have been here right from the introduction of this tournament in 2011, and I fear now that they are here to stay. But at least the great snooker compensates a little. :smile:

Looking forward to the Welsh Open now. :smile:
                              Shame about the Eurosport coverage, because the British Eurosport one was excellent. Even had Selby in the studio after the prize giving! Really hope this is here to stay.. although I guess they can only do it in the non-UK rankers.

Comment

• Thoroughly enjoyed the tournament. The German fans are so enthusiastic, yet respectful. The new Eurosport studio team was a success also, I found Jimmy & Ronnie very knowledgable and Fouldsy and Colin Murray so quick witted - banter was brilliant at times. Great to see Ronnie enjoying the media work, seems to be loving all things snooker at the moment.Long may it continue

Comment

Working...
                                X