No announcement yet.

Gdynia Open (ET6) Feb 25 to Mar 1, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a genuine reason why there was no handshake between the female ref and Rory before the start of the match ?
    Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
      Anyone else notice the badge murdo has on?
      It's the logo of his long-term sponsors of 14 years, Isis Business Solutions.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
        Is there a genuine reason why there was no handshake between the female ref and Rory before the start of the match ?
        Religion !!!

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
          Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Religion !!!
          It has been explained to me a few months back by some members on this forum, and it makes some sense...although everytime I see it, it still seems strange (wrong).

Found the posts with some explanation on Rory / religion / not shaking hands with females :

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ory#post808819

'From what I understand about his religion, I think it could be the opposite, that he does respect women and their family specifically, that in NOT shaking hands (touching them) he respects their family.'

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...810#post808810

'There is another reason too. If he has done his obolution ( washed for prayer) touching another women other than your mother, sister, daughter, aunt , will negate it and will have to be performed again before prayer.'

------

Still seems rather weird and counter-logical to me, but anyways...
          Last edited by daffie; 27 February 2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
            It has been explained to me a few months back by some members on this forum, and it makes some sense...although everytime I see it, it still seems strange (wrong).

Found the posts with some explanation on Rory / religion / not shaking hands with females :

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...ory#post808819

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...810#post808810

Still seems rather weird and counter-logical to me, but anyways...
            He would probably say the same about the wooden shoes you guys knock about in

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
              He would probably say the same about the wooden shoes you guys knock about in
              Haha point taken. Btw I don't Got my sneakers on...but he might have something to say about that as well...

But seriously...I will always have the required respect for anyone's ideas /religion, but at the same time have my own thoughts about things...
              Last edited by daffie; 27 February 2015, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Selby doing what Selby does well. Kill of frames. Even if he's got bad position his brilliant potting skills gets him out of trouble.
                That ability to just stay on the table.

Comment

Tough but excellent breaks by Selby
                  mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

I gather Selby is through then? Good news! (will be watching later on...@work atm)

Comment

Mcloud started of well but Selby just moved up a few gears and close his opponent out. These short races to 4 are tough for the top players and we shall see a few upsets in the next day or two..
                      Who do you guys fancy for the title? I'm thinking it will be an outsider like Allen,Perry or Maguire.

Comment

I find Selby difficult to watch but he does seem to somehow get the job done.

Comment

Originally Posted by jwinsor View Post
                          I find Selby difficult to watch but he does seem to somehow get the job done.
                          There are some on this board that would agree with you. Me personally, I can't agree. Enjoy watching Mr Selby very much...his World Championship win against ROS was one of the highlights of my snooker-viewing years.

Comment

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                            There are some on this board that would agree with you. Me personally, I can't agree. Enjoy watching Mr Selby very much...his World Championship win against ROS was one of the highlights of my snooker-viewing years.
                            Can we ban this man

Comment

Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                              Can we ban this man
                              Cheers CH for the good lol on this friday afternoon @work...

Comment

I use to not be a fan of him myself but over time i have grown to like him. He is class in all departments and the world championship win over Ronnie is testament to that. I love the scrappy frames and tactical stuff as much as the big breaks and Selby is very good at that side as we all know and he can knock in the tons. I have always liked players like that over the years like Davis, Ebdon(when not pissing about taking forever to play shots) J. Higgins, Dott, Mcmanus, Williams, Doherty and the older O'sullivan. They can knock in the big breaks but can win a high percentage of the ugly stuff with smart thinking and clever play. You need that in your game to be lifting multiple ranking tournaments because if your potting goes then you need to go to the well.

Comment

Working...
                                X