No announcement yet.

2015 Betfred World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup...Murphy just waiting patiently for his one chance...and then he will make sure to take it!

In the meantime the more frames Barry can win, and could bring the match back to 13-16, then I'm sure Shaun will start thinking about a thing or two

But I can't see it happen really...

Comment

• Must sting Murphy somewhat when he pots a red to possibly put him on the road to the final, and he gets little more than a quiet ripple of applause
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Must sting Murphy somewhat when he pots a red to possibly put him on the road to the final, and he gets little more than a quiet ripple of applause
        I am sure he wont mind a bit...

also thinking he has gone from guaranteed £60,000 to guaranteed £125,000 :biggrin:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Well that's it then for this afternoon...well played Shaun, and very well tried Barry!

Comment

• Yep well done Shaun, gonna be hard to beat for sure

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              I am sure he wont mind a bit...

also thinking he has gone from guaranteed £60,000 to guaranteed £125,000 :biggrin:
              Yeah, he'll cope. It just gives me a bit of comfort knowing I'm not alone in my dislike for him.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Yeah, he'll cope. It just gives me a bit of comfort knowing I'm not alone in my dislike for him.
                er?, I hope you are not saying that you think I dislike Murphy, as I don't.

I also like Bingham and (now) Trump, so I personally don't mind who wins the tournament :biggrin:

I will just sit back and watch snooker.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

This surprises me, didn't know you disliked Murphy (this much). Care to elaborate why exactly? I'm genuinely curious...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                    er?, I hope you are not saying that you think I dislike Murphy, as I don't.
                    No, not at all. I was referring to the lukewarm applause for the red that set him on the road to the win.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                    This surprises me, didn't know you disliked Murphy (this much). Care to elaborate why exactly? I'm genuinely curious...
                    He just strikes me as smarmy and self-centered. By his own admission he used to be self-centered, but I don't buy his belief that he's now a better person in that respect. I'm also irritated by this 'professional sportsman' persona he adopts for interviews and things.

I remember during one of the tournaments a few years ago, where they had outside tables for the other matches, and he said in an interview that he couldn't understand why he'd been asked to play one of his matches on them instead of the TV tables... like it's his God-given right to play in front of the tv cameras. I also get needled by his criticism of other players, especially ROS. He speaks his opinion, without taking other things into consideration, such as ROS' mental health.
                    Last edited by Billy; 2 May 2015, 02:32 PM.

Comment

He just strikes me as smarmy and self-centered. By his own admission he used to be self-centered, but I don't buy his belief that he's now a better person in that respect. I'm also irritated by this 'professional sportsman' persona he adopts for interviews and things.

I remember during one of the tournaments a few years ago, where they had outside tables for the other matches, and he said in an interview that he couldn't understand why he'd been asked to play one of his matches on them instead of the TV tables... like it's his God-given right to play in front of the tv cameras. I also get needled by his criticism of other players, especially ROS. He speaks his opinion, without taking other things into consideration, such as ROS' mental health.
                      Ok thanks and fair enough. Personally let me just say that I disagree completely with the above...I feel exactly the opposite about Murphy and how he presents himself. But again, fair enough and I'm good with agreeing to disagree on this one

Hoping for a classy final session later on...we really deserve something special...the loyal fans we are

Comment

• Murphy to me comes across as sincere and professional.
                        His game has also improved so much since he got some
                        coaching and went back to his attacking style.

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                          I don't want to sound harsh or anything but Bingham just isn't world champion material, hardly even world final material. If he got to the final the reality would be that he got there by beating a terrible Ronnie and a bad Trump. He will get stamped on by Murphy as long as he is playing somewhat decently. It's just not a final that's worth having.
                          I said the same in 2006 to be fair with Dott.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Btw those one-frame-celebrity thingies the Beeb is doing? Get Nicko McBrain in there will ya! Would be great to see him talk to SD / JP (I bet JP is a huge Maiden fan )

Comment

• I really cant believe some of the posts I have just read. You are acting like Stuart is going to hold a cue for the first time if he makes it to the final.
                              Just have have some respect to one of the best players in the world.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hal View Post
                                I really cant believe some of the posts I have just read. You are acting like Stuart is going to hold a cue for the first time if he makes it to the final.
                                Just have have some respect to one of the best players in the world.
                                +1. Both are worthy of a place in the final. Just give us a close match.

Comment

Working...
                                X