• The World Champion - 1st Round Exit Australian Open

Not a good start to the season for Bingham :

29 Jun 2015
    11:00 Round 1 Ireland Fergal O'Brien [18] 5 - 4 England Stuart Bingham [2]

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
    Not a good start to the season for Bingham :

29 Jun 2015
    11:00 Round 1 Ireland Fergal O'Brien [18] 5 - 4 England Stuart Bingham [2]
    It's prob. going to take him at least 6 months to become accustomed to 'being' the WC. He's a huge scalp now!

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
      It's prob. going to take him at least 6 months to become accustomed to 'being' the WC. He's a huge scalp now!
      Yeah true, higher expectations - more pressure maybe.

Comment

His WC win Was a bit like Doherty's in that he played well above himself and won't win it again, that's not a slight on him by the way as i think he's very good just rarely shows how good he can be.
        Hope I'm wrong though as i like to see him do well
        It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

They don't call him 'ballrun' for no reason . Seriously though, fantastic player though and seems like a real genuine guy - I hope he puts in more performances like at the WC this season.

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
            His WC win Was a bit like Doherty's in that he played well above himself and won't win it again, that's not a slight on him by the way as i think he's very good just rarely shows how good he can be.
            Hope I'm wrong though as i like to see him do well
            Fair comment is that, other ex champs like that come to mind like Dott, Joe Johnson back in the day, Ebdon... still superb achievements but takes something special to become a multiple winner.

Comment

You could argue that Dott, Doherty, Joe Johnson and Ebdon all came close to being multiple champions, because they all reached more than one final.

Johnson's loss in the 1987 final was the only other final he made. But Dott, Doherty and Ebdon all made three finals, and lost two.

Not disagreeing with your point, by the way. Just might be interesting to see whether Bingham makes another final now he knows he's good enough. Getting to the final seems to makes Hawkins play better at Sheffield.

Though, on the other hand, Bingham was a fairly old first time Crucible finalist, so it seems less likely. But who knows? Will he prove us wrong again?

Comment

I hear you yes, you make a good point, I guess I was comparing with the likes of Hendry, Davis, O'Sullivan and J. Higgins.
                Indeed it will be very interesting re Bingham, like you say his age could be a factor. One thing for sure is that he never gave up, always stuck at it, massive respect to him for that.

Ding is the one I think should have had a least 1 World title too, who knows if he will or not, we'll be there to see if it happens though

Comment

Working...
                X