No announcement yet.

Paul Hunter Classic (ET2) Aug 26-30 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the commentators and pundits would stop pushing Hunter as a lost world champion - he was talented, but that's no guarantee is it? Had Jimmy White died young, the same would be said of him, whereas reality tells a different story.

Anyway, looking forward to televised coverage when it finally arrives - feels like the season's starting properly now

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
      Looks like a close run thing. Every result they did put up, has ended 4-0.

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...er-classic-et2
      I think they are putting 4-0 to the winner regardless of the actual match result, probably because they don't have the match score sheet, and the scoreboards are not linked into World Snooker

just said that and refreshed the screen and some score different from 4-0 appear
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
        I wish the commentators and pundits would stop pushing Hunter as a lost world champion - he was talented, but that's no guarantee is it? Had Jimmy White died young, the same would be said of him, whereas reality tells a different story.

Anyway, looking forward to televised coverage when it finally arrives - feels like the season's starting properly now
        You're right. The sad thing is not that he would have been a World Champion, the sad thing is we'll never know.

Who could forget his match with Ken Doherty? So close to the final....

Comment

Mate, I am proper stoked for this weekend. It feels like ages since I've watched snooker. The Australian Open was July, and I've watched nothing since...

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
            Mate, I am proper stoked for this weekend. It feels like ages since I've watched snooker. The Australian Open was July, and I've watched nothing since...
            Ha, so true, seems like an age since last tournament, how did we ever manage a few years ago

Comment

Bingham and Higgins could be tasty.

Well, as tasty as a best of seven can be, anyway.

Comment

Well, I am at work now. So counting down to when I can get home, crack open a beer and whack enjoy some hardcore Eurosport action.

Got a few beers in my mini-fridge in my living room ready, so I can walk straight in and enjoy a delicious frosty beer.

Comment

sounds like a plan

Comment

Only just switched on and the first thing i see is that masterclass break from Higgins, top draw!

Ps, has he got a bit of a black eye?
                    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

I've been watching for about an hour now and JJ has called the wrong shot about half a dozen times, as he's calling some of these shots i'm smiling to myself thinking no chance lol.
                      After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Originally Posted by scottley View Post
                        Only just switched on and the first thing i see is that masterclass break from Higgins, top draw!

Ps, has he got a bit of a black eye?
                        Looks like he does have a slight dark patch under his left eye... maybe the Mrs give him a dig
                        Bingham hasnt had a great start to his season has he.... early days still I suppose.

Comment

Originally Posted by svendh View Post
                          sounds like a plan
                          I intend to spend most of the weekend in my pants, drinking beer and watching snooker.

The rest of the time, I'll just waste.

Comment

Love a deciding frame

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association has just released the following statement:

“The WPBSA was today alerted to unusual betting patterns regarding the match between Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon and Martin O’Donnell at the Paul Hunter Classic in Germany.”

“The WPBSA monitors betting on ALL professional snooker and has the most sophisticated methods available today. Working with partners worldwide and by liaising with the Gambling Commission, the WPBSA will review the available facts surrounding betting on this match. A decision will then be taken on whether any further action is necessary.”

More on this when further details come to light."

Update: http://www.snookerbacker.com/2015/08...s-at-it-again/
                              Last edited by mythman69; 28 August 2015, 12:35 PM.
                              My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                The World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association has just released the following statement:

“The WPBSA was today alerted to unusual betting patterns regarding the match between Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon and Martin O’Donnell at the Paul Hunter Classic in Germany.”

“The WPBSA monitors betting on ALL professional snooker and has the most sophisticated methods available today. Working with partners worldwide and by liaising with the Gambling Commission, the WPBSA will review the available facts surrounding betting on this match. A decision will then be taken on whether any further action is necessary.”

More on this when further details come to light."

Update: http://www.snookerbacker.com/2015/08...s-at-it-again/
                                anyone explain why snookerbacker says "...the now ermm ‘retired’ Passakorn Suwannawat ..." in the article?
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X