Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Un-Nooh missed black for 147. Was he put off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    haha well he went on to make a 145 right after....pure class but yea I really felt for Un-Nooh....the money would have been a big deal for him and it was so cruel how he missed....made some unbelievable pots the whole break. Could have been in the top 3 best 147s ever made.
    Me too, really feel for him, the money would have been fantastic for him yes.
    That red was just top class, and the tough cut black.

A bit more technique and he could be a threat, I like his style.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      Me too, really feel for him, the money would have been fantastic for him yes.
      That red was just top class, and the tough cut black.

A bit more technique and he could be a threat, I like his style.
      Exactly, I love the way he plays. That red was fantastic. I just feel for him so much as the £40,000 would have meant so much for him. Having said that I think he has the class to finish in a high position in tournaments every year.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
        Exactly, I love the way he plays. That red was fantastic. I just feel for him so much as the £40,000 would have meant so much for him. Having said that I think he has the class to finish in a high position in tournaments every year.
        True mate, he did win the 6 reds tournament which is where I first saw him play, obviously not a big tournament but he has promise.

Comment

True mate, he did win the 6 reds tournament which is where I first saw him play, obviously not a big tournament but he has promise.
          I remember first seeing him against Ronnie in a qualifier, (for the German masters?) He looked like a very good player then. Ok, Ronnie was going for everything but I was impressed by the way he played. I hope he goes on to win a ranking event, I think he's good enough to do so.

Comment

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
            I remember first seeing him against Ronnie in a qualifier, (for the German masters?) He looked like a very good player then. Ok, Ronnie was going for everything but I was impressed by the way he played. I hope he goes on to win a ranking event, I think he's good enough to do so.
            I saw a clip of that, Ronnie went a bit crazy with his pots if its the same one you mean.

Comment

I saw a clip of that, Ronnie went a bit crazy with his pots if its the same one you mean.
              Yeah, this is the match. Ronnie is playing really quickly. It's an entertaining match, it's on you tube.
              Last edited by jamesg19851; 3 December 2015, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Its crazy, Neil even went as far as to say he thinks Un-Nooh is possibly the most naturally talented player on the circuit. (Behind Ronnie of course) but hes not far away I think. He should definitely do well in the years to come.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                  Its crazy, Neil even went as far as to say he thinks Un-Nooh is possibly the most naturally talented player on the circuit. (Behind Ronnie of course) but hes not far away I think. He should definitely do well in the years to come.
                  Yes lets hope so, looks promising

Comment

Originally Posted by mick farrell View Post
                    Watched Un-Nooh attempted max earlier on and as he was about to strike the cue ball on the final black a player could be heard two tables away (behind Un-Nooh) taking their shot! Un-Nooh rose from the table after missing the black and looked over to the table where play had continiued. John Virgo commentating had said that the players had actually stopped playing on the other tables earlier in the break.
                    He was on TFI Friday and was a good sport about it. It was great to see because he will have had a blast doing that and probably even met Kylie

It also shows him missing the pot and you can see the table in the background that carries on with its own frame while he's on the last few balls. The rules probably don't force them to stop play when someone is on for a 147 but it's only natural.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

good to see he changed his mind and went on TFI Friday. he seemed to enjoy it, he's probably got more publicity from missing the final black than if he actually made the 147.

Comment

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                        he's probably got more publicity from missing the final black than if he actually made the 147.
                        True. Even the SMH newspaper here in Sydney had a story about it. Almost never has a snooker story e.g. it didn't have a story about Neil Robertson winning the Champion of Champions comp. The last time was probably when Neil won the World Championship. Hopeless coverage really.
                        My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                        I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Anyone else notice that Chris Evans referred to the missed 147 as occurring at the World Snooker Championships?

Comment

Un-Nooh missed black for 147. Was he put off?

yep thought he said world snooker
                            at least snooker was included on a very popular show
                            "any publicity is good publicity"
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by mick745 View Post
                              Anyone else notice that Chris Evans referred to the missed 147 as occurring at the World Snooker Championships?
                              I noticed that too and I bet Chris Evans will mention that on tomorrows breakfast show. I liked how they had a Snooker table set up so he could replay the shot and Un-Nooh took it in his stride and the best bit was him being given a pint of lager by Daniel Radcliffe. Chris Evans is the perfect pickmeup so that was a great feature of the show.

The more I watch the replay of him missing the black the more I wonder why the ref on the far table let his match continue. If you watch the ref on that table you can see him flicking his bead between the match he is supposed to be refereeing and the 147 attempt so he clearly wasn't giving his match due attention and should have told them to stop at the latest when Un-Nooh was on the colours. This makes me ask the guestion to those who know the rule book. When there are multiple matches in the same room and one person starts looking on for a 147 are there any rules that a ref should stop his game? I just don't understand how he was allowing his match to continue right down to Un-Noohs last black and the fact he wasn't paying attention also makes him look unprofessional.
                              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

I had been wondering if he was put off by Judd Trump on the next table. Judd and the referee had stopped and were standing very near the 147 table, just the other side of the low divide. The camera angle is towards them. Watch as Un-Nooh goes to take his shot, the arena is hushed but Judd says something jokey to the ref just as Un-Nooh is down on the shot - Un-Nooh looks in their direction after he misses, could Judd have spoken too loudly or said something that was off-putting maybe?

Comment

Working...
                                X