Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tomwalker147 View Post
    Without mentioning names, the lad in our club earnt 40k last season and 18k the season before.

    He still serves me my chips and cheese and pint of lager every week.

    Chips and Cheese !!!!! next it will be Cheesecake and Cheesy Peas ........................a taste sensation


    One of the Pro's down our club works part time as well . He turned up last week at 8.30pm after work to practice for a few hours .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

    Comment


    • #17
      I think it ridiculous that snooker players have to pay for hotel and travel costs especially for the Asian and European tour events were the prize money is quite poor and not one of them give the winner more than £19k! I think certain players would be glad to get shot of these one's as not only do they pay poorly, but they have to take time out to get there.

      http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-conte...e-schedule.pdf
      John Lennon : Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by shmeeko69 View Post
        I think it ridiculous that snooker players have to pay for hotel and travel costs especially for the Asian and European tour events were the prize money is quite poor and not one of them give the winner more than £19k! I think certain players would be glad to get shot of these one's as not only do they pay poorly, but they have to take time out to get there.

        http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-conte...e-schedule.pdf
        What do you mean "take time out" ? It's there job lol, I suppose they can choose not to go?

        Comment


        • #19
          Expenses on Individual Players to Play Professional Tournaments?

          who pays my digs? who buys my food?

          Comment


          • #20
            I suppose it's just the downside to playing an individual sport, I'm sure Andy Murray and Rory Mcilroy will have to cover all there expenses the difference is there is a lot more money on the golf and tennis tours. Snooker has improved in terms of more tournaments etc but the prize money unfortunately is not in same league as other sports!
            Last edited by craig147; 7th December 2015, 12:48 PM.
            " and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green. "

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by craig147 View Post
              I suppose it's just the downside to playing an individual sport, I'm sure Andy Murray and Rory Mcilroy will have to cover all there expenses the difference is there is a lot more money on the golf and tennis tours. Snooker has improved in terms of more tournaments etc but the prize money unfortunately seems to have not risen as fast.
              I'm sure they have sponsors who cover these for them

              prize money has increased on some of the events, but I have said before the top to bottom spread is not right yet, very top heavy, the winner getting more than 65% more than runner-up is not correct, 50% maybe 55% but not over 60%;
              also the breakdown going down the prize fund is disproportionate and needs attention by those in power.

              as golferson says, the players also have the usual living costs to take out of these

              Remember also that the Ranking list is based on a rolling two year capture of winnings.
              Up the TSF!

              Comment


              • #22
                According to the cuemasters list, Tom Ford ranked at #64 earned 28.8K but so I can relate to this that works out to about $57K Canadian and out of that he pays expenses and taxes plus his daily living expenses. OK, so it's not easy street but the opportunities are there to earn more and a prime example of that is Stuart Bingham who putted around the bottom of the top 32 or so (I'm guessing) but somehow at a late stage in a pro career has managed to come through and is now making enough to not only live well but also invest in his retirement.

                Don't forget, for the top players and even some of the lower ranked pros there are also opportunities to make more money from exhibitions and sponsorship.
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

                Comment


                • #23
                  Tom Ford is #52 earning £63k after Bulgaria and has £12k to add for the UK.
                  Up the TSF!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Think a lot of the players are disillusioned by the PTC prize money .

                    Outlay far outweighs the prize money for the lesser players but they have to play to get their ranking points .

                    But i suppose Barry Hearn is correct , as he said that the better players will get rewarded with regards to prize money .
                    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      with the PTCs being phases out/changing to full ranking events from next season; I am hoping that prize funds will increase with new sponsors
                      Up the TSF!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        i was just looking at the earning of Golf players for 2015 , number 100 earned $118000 compare that to snooker , Kritsanut Lertsattayathorn earned £10000.

                        i was speaking with a guy who mangers a few players and he told me it cost a player around £15000 in expenses to go to tournaments.
                        players need to earn around £40k just to have some sort of living.

                        its a crying shame, more needs to be done if they want snooker to thrive otherwise it will put off most kids wanting to be snooker players if they feel there isn't a way to earn a decent living from it

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          where are you getting these names and numbers from?
                          #100 (after BO) is Ian Glover with £3600

                          yep it has been mentioned many times to participate on the tour is not cheap and difficult for low rankers to get a sponsor at all.
                          Up the TSF!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by DeanH View Post
                            where are you getting these names and numbers from?
                            #100 (after BO) is Ian Glover with £3600

                            yep it has been mentioned many times to participate on the tour is not cheap and difficult for low rankers to get a sponsor at all.
                            got it from here http://cuetracker.net/Statistics/Pri...s=Professional

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              ah gotcha, Kritsanut is an amateur (i.e. not on the main tour) but he won a prize at a professional event (6-Reds) hence he is on that listing, for 2014/15 season.
                              I was looking at the official ranking sheet for this season 2-year
                              Up the TSF!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by DeanH View Post
                                ah gotcha, Kritsanut is an amateur (i.e. not on the main tour) but he won a prize at a professional event (6-Reds) hence he is on that listing, for 2014/15 season.
                                I was looking at the official ranking sheet for this season 2-year
                                Which is interesting as an amateur earnt more than some professionals. Crazy!
                                "just tap it in"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X