No announcement yet.

Gibraltar Open (ET5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is going on at this arena? Sounds like it's doubling as a steel works! Oh well, at least no one will be able to hear the mobile phones going off.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Angel grinder, Squeaky floors and a race to 4 frames. The players must be fuming they never dodged this event.
      Robertson and Smurphy will be laughing their heads off at their stroke of luck missing this event watching from home...

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
        Angel grinder, Squeaky floors and a race to 4 frames. The players must be fuming they never dodged this event.
        Robertson and Smurphy will be laughing their heads off at their stroke of luck missing this event watching from home...
        I think I prefer Euro Tour events to any other tournaments,less fluff and pedantry than other events,wouldn't be surprised if a lot of pro players felt the same way too.

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
          I think I prefer Euro Tour events to any other tournaments,less fluff and pedantry than other events,wouldn't be surprised if a lot of pro players felt the same way too.
          Really??
          Hmm i would bet my house on the pros detesting them. Well the top guys anyways. The low ranked guys will like it as they have a better chance of causing an upset and making more money.
          The race to 4 frames i just hate it. Even the newer UK shorter format i detest. I grew up watching and enjoying the longer tussles and i will always love them compared to this shorter nonsense

Comment

Really??
            Hmm i would bet my house on the pros detesting them. Well the top guys anyways. The low ranked guys will like it as they have a better chance of causing an upset and making more money.
            The race to 4 frames i just hate it. Even the newer UK shorter format i detest. I grew up watching and enjoying the longer tussles and i will always love them compared to this shorter nonsense
            Been watching snooker since 1983,saw plenty of longer matches on the Beeb and ITV,never really saw an elucidated point as to why folks dislike or have any qualm with Euro Tour / former PTC events, from either anonymous folks on the net or pro's either,enjoy the baize whatever your take though :-)

Comment

OH, and it's a train station as well!

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

I have to agree with you, although I wouldn't say I hate it, the shorter format isn't as enjoyable for me. But if it's a choice between that or nothing, then I'll take it. As long as there are no time limits shot clocks or funny pool-like rules I'll probably be watching, but I'd love to see a few more longer frame format tournaments as well.

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Watching the Maguire match. His attitude is appalling for a professional, he really should get a grip. Doesn't he realise that if he wasn't a pro snooker player he would be grafting in a dead-end job he hates for about a tenth of what he earns now? No wonder he hasn't won more titles.

Comment

I see the place is actually a stone-throw away from Gibraltar Airport. Wouldn't fancy driving along Winston Churchill Avenue while a plane was landing, looks very dodgy indeed.

Anyway, decider for Mags...

-
                    The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                      Watching the Maguire match. His attitude is appalling for a professional, he really should get a grip. Doesn't he realise that if he wasn't a pro snooker player he would be grafting in a dead-end job he hates for about a tenth of what he earns now? No wonder he hasn't won more titles.
                      ahah true.

Comment

Originally Posted by ghost121 View Post
                        I really like Maguire but I have to agree I think his mental approach to the game has let him down. With the talent he has he should have won a lot more or at the very least been in there more often when it matters in the big tourneys.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                          I have to agree with you, although I wouldn't say I hate it, the shorter format isn't as enjoyable for me. But if it's a choice between that or nothing, then I'll take it. As long as there are no time limits shot clocks or funny pool-like rules I'll probably be watching, but I'd love to see a few more longer frame format tournaments as well.

-
                          you mean like picking the white up and putting it back, then shuffling the reds like a pack of cards rule

Comment

Another maximum, this time by Marco Fu, his 4th overall. Shame we most likely wont see it.

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
                              you mean like picking the white up and putting it back, then shuffling the reds like a pack of cards rule
                              Has been known to ruin the odd frame, but nobody seems to be able to come with a better alternative. Maybe they should let the offended player put the cueball wherever they want and give them two shots, carried of course.

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Has been known to ruin the odd frame, but nobody seems to be able to come with a better alternative. Maybe they should let the offended player put the cueball wherever they want and give them two shots, carried of course.

-
                                Maybe they'd need less toilet breaks if the frames were quicker. Lol
                                Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

Working...
                                X