No announcement yet.

The Masters 2016 10-17 January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JH is simply one of the very best all-round players the game has ever seen.

I don't rate Selby exactly in JH class (back-when...not currently of course), but his matchplay, fullhardiness, an never-give-up attitude certainly are at the very top of a very short list of snooker players. Although this year he hasn't been up to par compared to previous years...but he'll be back!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
      JH is simply one of the very best all-round players the game has ever seen.

I don't rate Selby exactly in JH class (back-when...not currently of course), but his matchplay, fullhardiness, an never-give-up attitude certainly are at the very top of a very short list of snooker players. Although this year he hasn't been up to par compared to previous years...but he'll be back!
      Now that he has stopped the swaying about - at least mostly - he is much more watchable.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        Now that he has stopped the swaying about - at least mostly - he is much more watchable.
        That helps

Comment

• So who's going to win the Seniors?

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
            So who's going to win the Seniors?
            Whoever it is had better enjoy it while it lasts - there's a couple of guys on the main tour who are 40ish now

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
              Whoever it is had better enjoy it while it lasts - there's a couple of guys on the main tour who are 40ish now
              many of which have are already entered in this event:

Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond
              Mark Williams v Anthony Hamilton
              Tony Drago v Robert Milkins
              Joe Johnson v Darren Morgan
              Ken Doherty v Mark Davis
              John Parrott v Dominic Dale
              Rory McLeod v Fergal O’Brien
              Jimmy White v Gary Lees

I count 11 of the last 16 as being on the main pro tour, some others fell at the Qualifiers.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Yes Higgins had a great safety game, but he used it through choice, not because he kept running out of position. I would be very shocked if Higgins wasn't a far heavier scorer in his prime but I don't know that as a fact just a feeling.
                On average, Selby has made a century every 15.89 frames, compared to Higgins 16.78, so Selby is hardly a light scorer.

http://cuetracker.net/Head-to-Head/M...y/John-Higgins

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post
                  On average, Selby has made a century every 15.89 frames, compared to Higgins 16.78, so Selby is hardly a light scorer.

What's Ronnie's average? 11.91, Hendry 15.16, Higgins 16.78, MJW 26.95.
                  Ronnie's in a different league. LOL
                  Last edited by barrywhite; 21 January 2016, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by barrywhite View Post
                    What's Ronnie's average? 11.91, Hendry 15.16, Higgins 16.78, MJW 26.95.
                    Ronnie's in a different league. LOL
                    ding is 11.5

Comment

• Originally Posted by P.Smith View Post

lets see what Selbys stat reads like when he's forty then you may have a fairer comparison.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• All this talk about Selby being a grafter is bollocks, his slow play is deliberate gamesmanship when he's up against someone who scares him; but he shouldn't be scared, he's as good as anyone as he proved against Walden, best individual performance of the week IMO.

Every player on the tour grafts, they just don't all take bloody ages to take a shot when doing so. Ebdon saw the shots from the commentary box very quickly, but at the table he takes an eternity, and that has to be deliberate.
                        Time for the referees to grow a pair and do something about it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Yes, but I was referring to two particular guys, and I think you knew that :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond
                            Mark Williams v Anthony Hamilton
                            Tony Drago v Robert Milkins
                            Joe Johnson v Darren Morgan
                            Ken Doherty v Mark Davis
                            John Parrott v Dominic Dale
                            Rory McLeod v Fergal O’Brien
                            Jimmy White v Gary Lees

I count 11 of the last 16 as being on the main pro tour, some others fell at the Qualifiers.
                            Looks like it could be competitive.

Comment

• Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond

I saw that match live at the first round of The Crucible a few years ago. Now it's a Snooker Seniors match. Getting old.

Comment

• Peter Ebdon v Nigel Bond

I saw that match live at the first round of The Crucible a few years ago. Now it's a Snooker Seniors match. Getting old.

Comment

Working...
                                X