No announcement yet.

German Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Martin Gould, great performance!

Comment

• Originally Posted by streamer45 View Post
      Well done Martin Gould, great performance!
      Yep. It's been a long time coming.

Well done both players.

Comment

• Deserved winner.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Congratulations to Gould. Brecels time will come some day.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Congratulations to Martin, very well deserved. Not a flamboyant style out there but he's a grinder, he's efficient and he really deserves that trophy. The emotional speech he gave shows how much this achievement means to a guy like him, the type of player who had seen it all, been everywhere to play snooker, always in the shadow and finally able to grab some silver.
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• German Masters

well done Martin
              maybe his dad will get Eurosport now
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Was watching on snookeroomru, feed went down just as Brecel potted the final blue in the thirteenth frame, five minutes later it came back on again for the start of the thirteenth frame went down again when Brecel potted the final blue in the thirteenth frame, stayed down, bloody internet

Comment

• Nice of Luca to say that Martin is one of the best potters he's ever seen. He's not wrong. One of the best long potters in the game.

Comment

• Well done to Martin Gould. He played a very good tournament here, and he took full advantage of the somewhat weaker field this week. He never looked like losing tonight. I don't think he will suddenly start winning everything now, but he will certainly be a danger in future tournaments as well, and this title should give him a lot of confidence and self-belief.

Well done to Brecel as well. As I suspected, he wasn't playing well enough to go all the way, but obviously he can still improve a lot, and he could find himself in another final quite soon.

All in all, I think it's fair to say this wasn't really one of the better tournaments this season. The standard of play was a little weak, a lot of the televised matches were too one-sided for my taste, and the coverage was appalling, as usual. The atmosphere was great though, and it was nice to see the German crowd enjoying the snooker even when a lot of the star names were missing. :smile:

The Welsh Open is next... Best-of-7s in the early stages, unfortunately, which means we have to wait until the weekend to enjoy some longer matches. Should still be good though. :smile:

Comment

• Well done Martin, good tournament for Luca too.

Also loved the combination analysis of the Eurosport guys - worked well together.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cyberheater View Post
                        Nice of Luca to say that Martin is one of the best potters he's ever seen. He's not wrong. One of the best long potters in the game.
                        Agreed, superb potter he is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                          ...and the coverage was appalling, as usual.
                          It has to be said that this was the case for mainland Europe which apparently still likes Biathlon more than Snooker . I was able to follow on British Europort and they haven't missed a ball really.

Comment

• First of all, I am really happy for Martin Gould. He is one of those great players to watch, well deserved victory. His long potting in the final was top, I think he must have been around 80% or something like that .... Once again, well played.

As for Luca, this has been his best result of his career. He said it in his post-match interview: great week result-wise, but performance-wise, it was actually not that good. There were some moments, where he showed his true talent, but he made too many errors sometimes .....
                            Anyway, there is really something special about this guy, only few players have similar "aura" (MJW, ROS, Trump) .... Some pots he made were just insane, hope to see him much more in the future, and I believe we will.

As a whole, I enjoyed the final a lot, it could have been closer.

Coverage in continental Europe was pretty weak, had to watch strems.
                            One thing that bothered me was the German presenter. Ok, I am not native speaker, but honestly I think there must be someone much better for interviews than him, he was looking for words during them etc., I remember him from last year, he improved, but still .....

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                              well done Martin
                              maybe his dad will get Eurosport now
                              I missed that part of the interview. Seems a bit odd that if your son plays snooker, you wouldn't have the channel that shows a lot of his matches.

Not that it showed his Australian Open appearance against Higgins.

Comment

• Luca lost the final in the first session. There is attacking and attacking, he over did it. He started the best then let MG back in early. The start is so important in this game, and Luca will learn from that fact. However, he should know that being a Pro..
                                JP Majestic
                                3/4
                                57"
                                17oz
                                9.5mm Elk

Comment

Working...
                                X