2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Cov86 View Post
    It appears Hawkins has just realised what he might be about to achieve and has started to poop his pants a bit.
    It was always going to be that way. If he has any chance of beating Ronnie this time around he must get this last frame, if they go into the final session even it's game over IMO.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Lets see what Baz can do with this then, black and pink available and reds everywhere....

-
      The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        It was always going to be that way. If he has any chance of beating Ronnie this time around he must get this last frame, if they go into the final session even it's game over IMO.

-
        I'm no ROS fan but it is probably better for the tournament that he wins rather than Hawkins, apart from anything else he has the best chance to stop my two least favourite players from winning it (Selby or Higgins).

Though I will be cheering on Williams for a surprise 3rd title, however highly unlikely it may be I would love to see it happen.

I absolutely agree with you though, Barry has to take a 9-7 lead here. Having already led 8-5 if it goes 8 all it is all over.

Comment

-
          I wouldn't necessarily agree, but I'm pretty sure Ron'll have something of a psychological advantage if it's 8-8 ....

Comment

• Well...well done Baz! 9-7 up into the final session is pretty decent. Good session of snooker that was to watch.

Comment

-

Well, Barry's made it to 9-7 .... !

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Well...well done Baz! 9-7 up into the final session is pretty decent. Good session of snooker that was to watch.
                Great stuff !!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  now that is cool
                  IPad died so treated myself to the Lenovo yoga pro 3, 10 inch tablet with an inbuilt 70" projector great sound quality aswell, really happy with it.
                  No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• You mean iPad.

Sorry, it's a bugbear of mine.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                      You mean iPad.

Billy needs a bugfix

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        You mean iPad.

No its an IPad, Chinese knock off, hence its demise
                        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cov86 View Post
                          I'm no ROS fan but it is probably better for the tournament that he wins rather than Hawkins, apart from anything else he has the best chance to stop my two least favourite players from winning it (Selby or Higgins).

Though I will be cheering on Williams for a surprise 3rd title, however highly unlikely it may be I would love to see it happen.

I absolutely agree with you though, Barry has to take a 9-7 lead here. Having already led 8-5 if it goes 8 all it is all over.
                          I like watching Selby and I'd be happy to see him lift it again, but I'm not sure he's quite up to it atm. I agree with you about MJW though, love to see him win it one more time but he's just too inconsistent these days.

Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                          Well...well done Baz! 9-7 up into the final session is pretty decent. Good session of snooker that was to watch.
                          Yes it gives him a fighting chance I suppose, but I'd still be surprised with a Hawkins win.

I think it's going to be Ding or Ronnie to win it this year, hopefully Ding.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Mark Williams seems to have gone under the radar a bit as he was due to play Neil Robertson in the 2nd round,it wouldn't surprise me now if he made the final,but I don't think he does much for the casual viewer though.

Comment

I like watching Selby and I'd be happy to see him lift it again, but I'm not sure he's quite up to it atm. I agree with you about MJW though, love to see him win it one more time but he's just too inconsistent these days.

Yes it gives him a fighting chance I suppose, but I'd still be surprised with a Hawkins win.

I think it's going to be Ding or Ronnie to win it this year, hopefully Ding.

-
                              Ding was my pick way back, but not sure he is up to it even though I would like to see him win. Selby is out of sorts and looks more depressed than White did, and I don't think Ronnie looks too bothered so I doubt he will lift his game and win. All of which leaves Higgins, and I have a horrible feeling it's going to be one of those tournaments where all the favourites fall early or knock each other out leaving Higgins to demolish a lesser ranked player in the final with his B game. Worst result of all for me.

Comment

• Originally Posted by trains View Post
                                Mark Williams seems to have gone under the radar a bit as he was due to play Neil Robertson in the 2nd round,it wouldn't surprise me now if he made the final,but I don't think he does much for the casual viewer though.
                                I don't know, Mark seems to have a reasonable fan base? OK he isn't a photogenic as Trump or awe inspiring as ROS but he still ought to be someone proper snooker fans know about surely?

Anyway, Higgins about to go 10-6 here. I can't see any way back for Walden.

Comment

Working...
                                X