2016 World Championship discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    Well il be off soon to the crucible to see the conclusion of Hawkins V O'Sullivan . It will be my first time to see Ronnie play at the crucible and live in any tournament for that matter.

I hope it's a cracker
    Nice one, I reckon theres going to be a lot of tension in that, should be a great atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
      Nice one, I reckon theres going to be a lot of tension in that, should be a great atmosphere.
      Yeah , just hoping it's a close one . 13-12 Hawkings would do

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        Glad it's not just me who noticed this. Every frame Jud won JV was getting very excited, but when Ding won a frame he was very subdued.
        Well I thought it was just me being anti Judd......... Virgo was ridiculous, he sounded like a fully paid up member of the Judd fan club. OK all commentators have their favourite players but they should at least TRY to be professional and neutral. The match wasn't entirely about Judd, Ding played very solid match snooker too. Though I have to say if Williams and Ding both play to the same standard I would make the match a coin flip with a slight edge to Williams. Ding must be getting tired by now and Williams is just the player to exploit that (assuming he doesn't throw in one of his horrible sessions again).

Comment

• I agree about JV's bias. Ding's just as exciting (IMO) so I don't understand it. Also, Ebdon's yelling and whooping when Judd played a powerful shot. Calm your pipes!

It's a shame as I wanted Trump to win this year. Will be interesting to see how far Wilson can go - can he repeat Trump's 2011 tournament or go one further??

Comment

• It's Obvious most of the Beeb commentators are in the Ronnie and Trump fan club in particular JV and DT .
            Anyone who doesn't play exhibition snooker isn't given any enthusiasm no matter how they play.

I don't mind having a favourite player we all do.
            However as commentators they should keep it neutral or not be so obvious

Comment

• Good for Snooker, to see Ding in the final stages once more. However, did I notice his eyelids about to set off flickering in spasms, during the last couple of frames?
              Highest break to date? 1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cov86 View Post
                Though I have to say if Williams and Ding both play to the same standard I would make the match a coin flip with a slight edge to Williams.
                Oh man that's going to be a tough one for me to watch. I want them both to go through. Can they play someone else, please?
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• wow - enjoy!! I'm a bit jealous :@)
                  Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
                  Well il be off soon to the crucible to see the conclusion of Hawkins V O'Sullivan . It will be my first time to see Ronnie play at the crucible and live in any tournament for that matter.

I hope it's a cracker
                  Highest Match Break 39 (November 10th 2015)

Comment

• It's a different atmosphere when Ron plays. Electric.. Hope its a corker for you. Enjoy...

Edit, although I haven't seen him at the crucible, jeez I must get myself there one year. Should be ashamed of myself not getting to Sheffield yet aye..

Comment

• Apparently, Trump just said in his presser that he doesn't think Ding has the mentality/confidence to win it all.....If true, welp.....go back to the drawing board kiddo because clearly, you're not the one still on board here.
                      Disappointing attitude there IMHO...
                      Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• He's a clown, simple as...

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                          Kyren wins
                          Darnit! I'm still catching up @ 7-11 atm...

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                          Well done Ding!! Glad Trumpett is out of this tournament, fed up with his antics....

EDIT : jeeeez.....Allen looks fatter and fatter year after year. He's on Stephen Lee's path for goodness's sake !
                          Well let's hope not *all* the way though...we all know how SL ended up

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                          Apparently, Trump just said in his presser that he doesn't think Ding has the mentality/confidence to win it all.....If true, welp.....go back to the drawing board kiddo because clearly, you're not the one still on board here.
                          Unbelievable...you have to wonder about him. What a complete muppet
                          Last edited by daffie; 25 April 2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah , just hoping it's a close one . 13-12 Hawkings would do
                            Its got possibilities for a close finish.
                            Been impressed with how Barry has played and stood up to Ronnie.
                            First couple of frames will be big I reckon.

Comment

I hope it's a cracker
                              Enjoy Alabadi, hope it turns into a nail biter for you.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                                Apparently, Trump just said in his presser that he doesn't think Ding has the mentality/confidence to win it all.....If true, welp.....go back to the drawing board kiddo because clearly, you're not the one still on board here.
                                Are these press conferences recorded or downloaded anywhere, I'd like to see them if possible.

Very sour grapes from Judd that is too.

Comment

Working...
                                X