All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            hmm, "watching" via WS live scores

(but its not the same )
            £6.99 Dean, £6.99....

-
            have you subscribed to Eurosport Player?
            I assume there are the usual commentators?
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Mr Snooker View Post
              I was reading in Snooker either this month or last month, that if a player Qualifies for an overseas event and does not travel to play in the event for any reason, then they will receive no prize money or order of merit points to their world rankings, but if they travel to the event and pull out for some reason they will receive prize money and order of merit points, not sure if this is true or not or why World Snooker have done this.

I see four players have pulled out this weeks Kaspersky Riga Masters in Latvia and their opponents have received walkovers (Byes) to the last 32 of the event. Hossein Vafaei Ayouri (due to visa problems), two Chinese players Zhang Anda and Chen Zen, and also today Kyren Wilson, not sure if Kyren travelled to the event to take part in it or why he as pulled out, or even why the two Chinese players have pulled out of the event.
              Not really fair on the players who have won matches to earn a place in the last 64, yet had to withdraw. It's not their fault that WPBSA hold qualifying and main event seperately in different countries. Every bloody season this happens, and World Snooker don't even acknowledge there's a problem.

I'm usually excited for the start of a snooker season but cannot muster any enthusiasm for the coming season. Today already we've had all the issues that annoy me about snooker, namely:

- the 'withdrawal' and therefore no ranking points issues highlighted by Mr Snooker
              - best of seven being the new 'standard distance' for a snooker match, depressingly (12 of the 19 ranking events are Bo7 or less)
              - dull as ditchwater veteran pros beating new/young/overseas pros, usually in a decider (when will this pattern ever end?)
              - WPBSA changing formats last minute (it was supposed to be Bo9 semis and final, now it's just the final)

Think I might seriously give up following the sport, never been this disillusioned. Anyone else like this, or just me?

Comment

Kaspersky Riga Masters 2016

as mentioned earlier this had been discussed in Snooker Scene and they came up with various scenarios including some real situations players have found themselves. Not sure but maybe you can appeal to WS?
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by JIMO96 View Post
                  ....- dull as ditchwater veteran pros beating new/young/overseas pros, usually in a decider (when will this pattern ever end?)
                  How can you complain if the better player wins ??

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    How can you complain if the better player wins ??
                    Two reasons: (i) snooker is long overdue an influx of new blood, before it overtakes bowls for it's competitors average age

(ii) it's not always the better player that wins IMO....it's usually the one with more patience for a messy table or who has more ability to frustrate than he has flair

I realise I'm in the minority with this kind of attitude....it's frustrating watching it happen time and time again, and World Snooker don't help with their overwhelming bias towards UK players regarding qualifying locations, visas etc

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      have you subscribed to Eurosport Player?
                      I assume there are the usual commentators?
                      I've subscribed for a few years now, one of the beauties is that there is usually a commentary and add-free stream available which is worth the fee on it's own.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by JIMO96 View Post
                        Not really fair on the players who have won matches to earn a place in the last 64, yet had to withdraw. It's not their fault that WPBSA hold qualifying and main event seperately in different countries. Every bloody season this happens, and World Snooker don't even acknowledge there's a problem.

I'm usually excited for the start of a snooker season but cannot muster any enthusiasm for the coming season. Today already we've had all the issues that annoy me about snooker, namely:

- the 'withdrawal' and therefore no ranking points issues highlighted by Mr Snooker
                        - best of seven being the new 'standard distance' for a snooker match, depressingly (12 of the 19 ranking events are Bo7 or less)
                        - dull as ditchwater veteran pros beating new/young/overseas pros, usually in a decider (when will this pattern ever end?)
                        - WPBSA changing formats last minute (it was supposed to be Bo9 semis and final, now it's just the final)

Think I might seriously give up following the sport, never been this disillusioned. Anyone else like this, or just me?
                        I don't concern myself with the shenanigans of twitter but what chairman of an organisation tweets that there'll be an order of merit for amateurs in the Paul Hunter Classic and Gibraltar then deletes that tweet ?

Comment

I had Neil Robertson vs Michael Georgiou on last evening. (They were replaying earlier matches.)

Took Eurosport an hour to turn the bloody tennis off. They're explanation being that there was no play and were unsure whether there was going to be any more, so they had to overrun schedule.

Good one Eurosport.

Comment

Good Run to the Quarter finals for Veteran seniors player Darren Morgan Xiao Guodong for Darren next another player who as been struggling for results recently, but I think Darren will struggle against Neil Robertson or Judd Trump if he reaches the semi finals, but what a great tournament he as had, shame he receives no Ranking points, and he won't even if he wins the event because he is not on the tour and classed as a amateur player
                            Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

With regard to the best of 7's, I think it's a balance between entertaining as many people as possible and protecting the integrity of the sport. The best of 7's seem to result in more matches under 2 hours and provides opportunities for newer players to win where they may not have in a longer format.

I'd prefer best of 9's for the sake of ensuring we get the best possible finals, but I also don't mind best of 7's because I rarely have time to watch an entire best of 9 match.

Comment

Originally Posted by Erwan_BZH View Post
                                You can go to fromhot.com and you'll have decent streams...
                                Higoo in action now against King.
                                Thanks for the great link, finally got to watch some snooker... Cheers
                                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X